Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thanks for finding the video Brody, that gets on the medal stand for “botch that makes me laugh the most”, with Akeem falling out of the ring vs. the Mega Powers being the gold standard.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
OH BABY!

The Gambler (yes, The Gambler) makes his podcast debut. This is my podcast of the year.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Yeah that's all Goldberg. Lucky Hall did break a rib or something.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
On the newest John Arezzi podcast, they are covering the debut of Bastian Booger and his co host Don Laible was talking about how Mike Shaw was really in tune with the smark community and tried to win them over.

Laible then talked about how he was banned from WCW events for a number of years by Gary Juster because Mike Shaw somehow convinced to write a bunch of phony fan letters to Turner headquarters demanding that Norman the Lunatic get a pay raise.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Can you imagine the horror of the real world where we didn't get a Booger/Studd tag team in 93? They would've ran through the tag division like a hemophiliac through a box of bandages.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Temptation is strong but I will not cave.

Also Bischoff doing his whiny watered down Cornette schtick is popular enough to justify a second podcast where he just talks about the current product. Who are these people listening to this!?

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Temptation is strong but I will not cave.

Also Bischoff doing his whiny watered down Cornette schtick is popular enough to justify a second podcast where he just talks about the current product. Who are these people listening to this!?
The Business of the Business pod was supposed to be a Patreon bonus thing. I know at least some of them are wide release. I think Nash dropping on Mondays a year ago ended my Bisch downloads.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
OH BABY!

The Gambler (yes, The Gambler) makes his podcast debut. This is my podcast of the year.
Listening to this. Pleasant but not particularly notable. Only takeaway is that Gambler is only person I have heard speak fondly about Ole Anderson outside of Ole’s age demographic.

And even then he implied he got the Anderson look by Ole telling him to cut his long hair cause it looked gay. Also called Buff Bagwell one of his favorite opponents and only person he has talked with since leaving the business. Definitely has to be one of the only people with fond memories of Ole Anderson and Buff Bagwell.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

I'll always fondly remember rushing to the magazine rack at the grocery store or Fleet Farm and catching up on 3 month old news. In 92 WCW Worldwide aired at Midnight on Saturdays and I can honestly not remember seeing it too often (I was 9!) and yet Doc/Gordy rampaging over the Steiners and the Dangerous Alliance harassing the rest of the faces had me in fits just based on pictures and articles.
I guess my neighbor was also feeding me info on Mondays after he had spent the weekend watching the WCW cable shows at his Grandmas,

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Keeping up with WCW at that time required the magazines even if you had cable. They were still consistently booking better (than ppv/Clash) cards, with more important goings on, at the Omni. They'd give that stuff more tv promotion time than the ppvs. Then they'd never speak of it again afterward and repeat the cycle.