Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Had no idea Joe Gomez was still there in Spring of 1999.

I DID know Gambler was around cause I feel like he showed up in one of these C Shows damn near the Russo era and he went over Johnny Attitude (with Dusty Rhodes and Scott Hudson putting him over as a crafty veteran)

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mr. Saito was really good friends with Eric Bischoff. He died during the early days of Bischoff’s podcast and he was uncharacteristically devastated and went to Japan for the first time in decades with Sonny Onoo to visit his widow.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Flair and Sherri just didn't work. It's some of Sherri's most underrated stuff, though.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Factual statement: Sherri should have gone back to WWE in the attitude era.

She was still a great valet who could take good bumps and absolutely cleared the dogs WWE tried to sell us as being sexy.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Sherri was on a whole different level in '89-'90. She was practically carrying matches from ringside.

From the Wrestling Observer in 1989. Apparently the Samoan Swat Team did not like working with Paul E. Dangerously. Luckily they won't have to deal with that guy 30 years in the future!

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sherri had to do a lot of the leg work in that period since Savage was limited.

She was absolutely wasted with DiBiase which was appropriate in theory but terrible in execution.

Honestly she should’ve take the Nasties from Jimmy in 91 before hooking up with Shawn and getting a revival there.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sherri was supposed to be the manager for Regal/Levesque in the original idea for the Blueboods. Some Indy guy named Johnny Attitude was going to manage Harlem Heat. (He made one taping I beleve)

She was going to wear Victorian gown like gear which would have been interesting for her to bump around in

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Sherri was supposed to be the manager for Regal/Levesque in the original idea for the Blueboods. Some Indy guy named Johnny Attitude was going to manage Harlem Heat. (He made one taping I beleve)

She was going to wear Victorian gown like gear which would have been interesting for her to bump around in
2 mentions of Johnny Attitude on one page. Only at CXF.

*Checks Death Valley Driver for a 213 page deep dive into Johnny A's squash matches.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I hate that era of Savage so much. It was just so sad.

With Sherri, she should totally have been nWo. It would've fit so well and she would have been a total blast managing everyone while also taking being a human shield. Her with Hogan would've been a perfect fit, same with the Outsiders.

She goes WWF, she is a superior Luna who has much more life and options. And the divas needed a psycho milf.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Factual statement: Sherri should have gone back to WWE in the attitude era.

She was still a great valet who could take good bumps and absolutely cleared the dogs WWE tried to sell us as being sexy.
Sherri in Attitude...who'd she be paired with? There's only so many heels that couldn't talk at that time, and I don't see her working as a valet for very many of them.

Then again, Sherri with Marc Mero would've been better than Jackie, but that leaves Jackie without anything to do.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Sherri and Mark Henry vs Chyna is what's up

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sherri as Shane’s sexy experienced older girlfriend while Vince tries to woo her away was the play.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Sherri seducing Kane and then taking a bronco buster for being a damn Jezebel

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Sherri would have been 40 when Tyson showed up. They weren't even using most old guys on the roster by then so a "Diva" is a hard sell.

I do like the Shane idea in principle, though. Even with the implants thought it's probably a hard sell to sign her.

She could probably have been fun with a ECW return though.

Apparently she was on Nitro until the mid summer of 97. So this is a WWF that can't even figure out how to book Sunny after late 1996, so an older Sherri (with a history of being fired from the WWF) was probably not considered.

I don't know if Sherri would have wanted to starve herself to try and keep up with Terri and Sable's silicone and ribcage look.
Luna even gave in and slapped on some giant honkers to fit in. Luna was roughly 35 at this point.