Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
So a lot of these shots have resulted in fake news. AEW, for whatever reason, doesn't sell seats for the hard camera side. That video only shows that one section while the other sections were pretty packed. This wasn't a sellout by any means but people are also posting these shots and not showing the rest of the arena. Post a wide crowd shot and make me look like a dummy.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Attendance has been down but other than that Collision in SLC, I don't think there's been a truly abysmal crowd (well, maybe Memphis might be!).

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Taker retired in the thunderdome. That's so much worse than anything.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Nash had no business being near Wrath. If they ever needed to cross paths, it should've been a staredown in WW3 itself, but that's wholly unnecessary.

I like Bryan Clarke a lot but Wrath/Goldberg would've been ugly. Too bad it didn't happen.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
10/27/93: Arn Anderson and Sid Vicious received numerous stab wounds as a result of a fight at their hotel in Blackburn around 2 a.m.. A disagreement earlier in the night stemmed from Vicious reportedly bragging about a pay raise and the company about to be built around him while Anderson had taken a pay cut. Anderson received about 20 stab wounds before 2 Cold Scorpio intervened. Both men were hospitalized; Vicious briefly and Anderson was released a few days later. Production crews were told to remove both men from pre-taped TV shows. At the time of the incident, plans were in place for Vicious to win the WCW World Title from Vader at Starrcade and unify the title with Rick Rude’s WCW International World Title in early 1994. Anderson was scheduled to face Paul Roma at Starrcade.

WCW @ Blackburn, England – Arena – October 27, 1993 (1,900)

Johnny B. Badd pinned Maxx Payne at 12:43 with a roll up

WCW Tag Team Champions the Nasty Boys defeated Marcus Alexander Bagwell & 2 Cold Scorpio at 15:34 when Bagwell was pinned after a double team behind the referee’s back

WCW TV Champion Lord Steven Regal fought WCW US Champion Dustin Rhodes to a 20-minute time-limit draw at 20:15; only the TV title was at stake

Sting & Ricky Steamboat defeated Steve Austin & Brian Pillman at 21:43 when Sting pinned Pillman with a DDT

Ric Flair pinned WCW International World Champion
Rick Rude at 18:20 in a non-title match with his feet on the ropes for leverage

Davey Boy Smith defeated WCW World Champion Vader via reverse decision at 13:27; Vader initially won the match via count-out but another referee came out and overruled the call since Vader threw Smith over the top rope as the first referee was knocked down

--
I wonder if face Sid getting the title at Starrcade just leads to Vader getting it back at Superbrawl? Maybe in this version Flair wins the International gold and we either get Vader winning the Sid belt back at Starrcade to set up a unification or if Flair just goes heel and beats Sid in the unification match so the Orange Man has a heel to beat in June?

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Me: I am done listening to Double J’s podcast. I love the guy but half the show is talking about sports betting, current AEW shows and boring folksy anecdotes about Jeff’s home life. Not to mention all of the stupid ads!

Me: I’m BACK IN!

Valeyard

Reaction score
Disco is the dope HHH could've and might've been expected to be.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Russo would've done a threeway. Which honestly isn't bad but Bret could still get killed.

Bret/Hogan at any point would've been really fun. Bret probably would've hated it the same way he hated the Flair matches but, like the Flair matches, it would've been great anyway.

Valeyard

Reaction score
There would have been a big issue about Bret using legdrops.

If you book WCW Hogan vs Bret exactly the same way you had Bret/Piper at Wrestlemania, it works beautifully.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Was it Dave Taylor or Regal who beat up Van Hammer at DDP's Christmas party in 1996? I've heard both names tied to that story.