Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I also think working in a roster where his size stood out helped. He was average to slightly below average sized in '92 WCW, '95 WWF, and '99 WCW but he was one of the biggest dudes on the roster in '03-'04 TNA. Clumsiness is easier masked when everyone can see what a big raw boned mother Hubbard you are.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk if anyone was on any more promotions rosters at creative and financial low points than Erik Watts looking at that list. IIRC, he also did some shots in ‘00 ECW.

Fake edit- yep. And it looks like it was dry run for his TNA character.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
A quickie search shows that Brandi worked Eastern Championship Wrestling and won the tag belts with Tommy Dreamer at November to Remember '93 but suffered an injury (which led to the beginning of the Dreamer/Douglas feud), then kinda putzed around various companies in '94 before going to the short-lived AWF, and then became Salvatore Sincere in 1995.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I was going to say I 100% saw Tom Brandi work ECW.

What's more curious is how he never got in the FBI.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
“Nature Boy*! Just let me run it back with Uncle Fred one last time, daddy!”

*(I think Naitch is who would have been booking WCW in January ‘94 but Uncle Fred’s yellow stained career chronicler @BruiserBrody will correct me if I am wrong.)

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ottman looks pretty slimmed down and jacked (by his standards) in that clip. Pretty sure .Dusty was fired as booker a few weeks after Starrcade 93. That interview was probably taped while Dream was still booking

Valeyard

Reaction score
Midnight Shocker gimmick has potential. Fred was a way better face and would've had fun.

We kinda deserved Typhoon and Hurricane taking over Raw's tag division in 2002.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can almost sort of see the line of thinking of bringing in Paul Roma to be the guy that eats the falls for the Horsemen. Good looking fellow with a lot of missed potential in WWF but it didn't elevate Roma, it just made the Horsemen look worse. Roma showing up and just going on a short winning streak before joining would've went a long way.

Valeyard

Reaction score
It would be the most bitter duo but I think Roma and Zenk would've been awesome together

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How did no one ever see money in Tom Zenk as a heel? He's one of the most naturally dickish people in wrestling (which is quite the feat). Damn the pre '90s mindset of "Well, he's blandly good looking so he should be a face!"

Valeyard

Reaction score
Imagine a world where the Can Ams stay together and turn heel doing the model gimmick. Maybe pair them with Slick, or Sherri. Very real possibility of them being the best team of the era and some classics with the Rockers, Harts, and Demolition.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Goldberg/Warrior was my dream too. In hindsight it would've ruled because there's a good chance one retires the other in disgusting fashion.

Them not running back or describing the finish to the Havoc match the next night fascinated me. I figured it was either bizarre WCW "ultraviolence" or Warrior's cock fell out during a gorilla press.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Was Hail the guy who botched a rope walk or something in very obvious fashion during a DDP match or is that someone else?

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He is the one and the same. He was wearing a mask and wrestling as The Machine against DDP on one of the first shows of the short lived ill fated Russo/Bischoff era. I’m not sure if it was intended to be a one and done character but it sure was after that botch.

Hail got a brief WCW Saturday Night exclusive super push in the dying days of the show where he squashed jobbers and a scrolling graphic that said “HAIL WARNING!” rolled by throughout the match. As one of the dozens who watched WCW Saturday Night to the end, the way Scott Hudson hyped this guy, I assumed it had to be leading to him getting promoted to the A show to square off against Goldberg or SID.

Sometimes me and Scott Hudson are wrong. Cassidy Riley does a great job of playing a geeky jobber in this squash but maybe he was legitimately green and that spastic and goofy.