Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If he did (and I'd be shocked if he didn't), he didn't like to throw his weight around like Hogan and Nash and/or there were so many guys with creative control that they kind of canceled his creative control out.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Like I guess I never thought about it but, if he did have creative control, I might see his WCW run in a new light and be very confused.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Looks more like they expected him to rage more or something and tried to bait him but he kinda didn't take it

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. I just looked it up and it came out November 2022 and there was definitely some “who the frig wants to read a book about Eric Bischoff’s TNA run, his three months back in WWE and his podcast with Conrad?” Discussion here.

I will say this though. I think there is potential for a fascinating book about 2006 to 2022 Bischoff, especially when you add in his run producing reality television in the late ‘00s and early ‘10s. However, I really don’t think that potential would be realized because Bischoff doesn’t have an ounce of humility or self awareness.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He also is really not very controversial or engaging. He talks at people and seems to hate discussing the only period he was truly relevant as a power figure. I also really do not trust him to be honest in a real way. He's that honest former WCW/ECW/territorial people are on WWE retrospective DVDs.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He's the least controverisal controversial person in the business ever. The most controversial aspect of Bischoff is people not assuming he's as complicit in WCW dying as other usual suspects.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
He's the least controverisal controversial person in the business ever. The most controversial aspect of Bischoff is people not assuming he's as complicit in WCW dying as other usual suspects.
I'm surprised he survived WCW collapsing in 1993 and instead of being the fall guy instead was able to get a retarded contract approved in 94 that gave Hogan WCW's meager profit margin baked in.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He used to be a sharp little scumfuck. His whole legacy is based on his ability to speak Network to executives. I don't even know where to think of him as a creative mind. Like his WCW run was exactly like that scene in Arrested Development where Gob burns through years worth of ideas because the first one was responed to positively.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Curt Hennig (w/ Rick Rude) & Brian Adams defeated Davey Boy Smith & Jim Neidhart at around the 10-minute mark when Hennig pinned Neidhart with the Hennig Plex after Rude landed a knee to the back behind the referee’s back; prior to the bout, footage was shown of their match two weeks earlier on Thunder and Neidhart being assaulted by Hennig and Rude the previous week on Nitro; during the nWo team’s entrance, Rude took over Mike Tenay’s spot at the announce table where he remained until late in the contest, with Tenay then returning to commentary; after the contest, Smith & Neidhart were beaten down until Bret Hart ran out and cleared the ring; moments later, Hart took the mic and told the nWo crew that they were done ganging up on others

April 98. Evidence that Hart could be on screen with Davey and Jim. So WCW blew it by not just making them a faction. Maybe?

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Was watching a WCW SN from 94 and they refer to Bagwell as an "up and coming rookie superstar". Despite the fact he'd been with the company for 3 years at that point.

I think they finally stopped calling him a rookie in like late 95/early 96.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The Bagwell thing was clearly Flair forgetting he wasn't putting the Magnificent Seven over like he had been. I forgive it.

People know the Colon thing is a joke, though, yes? Gorilla and him were partners. And dude didn't look a day over 55 so he was a youngster to someone.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think Flair was genuinely putting over Bagwell. He had been in WCW for pretty much a decade at that point. If it was someone less goofy than Bagwell, I think we’d get a little sentimental over Flair shouting out a mid card lifer.

Valeyard

Reaction score
After watching the 2001 Nitros where he's putting all of the Seven over every week, it feels now like he lost his train of thought and he'd just been working with Bagwell for months in a faction. The only other names he could bust out would be DDP or like Brad Armstrong, anyway, and Flair has never liked DDP.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brad Armstrong also didn’t survive until the end of WCW. His contract expired sometime before the buyout.

His Wikipedia says he was recovering from knee surgery after getting run over by Juventud Guerrero and Psychosis in the parking lot of a WCW Saturday Night but that seems like a fib cause I feel like I would have heard that story…

His last match was getting killed by Tank Abbott on a Thunder in March ‘00 fittingly enough.

That match isn’t on YouTube so here is him Vs Chris Harris in a Matches You Didn’t Think Existed thread crosspost from a few weeks earlier

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Between the Sheets is covering 1990 this week. Only heard a min or 2 randomly so far as I crawled out of the shower. It'll have to make the top of the rotation his week.
- Sam Houston refused to do a job for Terry Taylor at a TV taping. Houston only got a couple of shots here, and this couldn't have helped his cause for a contract.
- Larry Cameron taped a squash that made TV. Then he subbed for Ron Simmons in several house show matches with Ric and Arn and was gone. Quite a career!
- They also teased digging into why Konnan teamed with Big Cat Curtis Hughes and the Motor City Madman at this taping....

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Can’t believe everyone no sold Brad Armstrong’s Road Dogg knockoff character Vs Chris Harris.

Unless we are refusing to acknowledge existence of Buzzkill, which I understand.

Valeyard

Reaction score
If Buzzkill had a partner, like a repackaged Stasiak as Sir Hindquarters, he's a GOAT gimmick.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"Matches we've talked about in the past"
I have talked about Chris Harris’ WCW run but I don’t think that specific match. Of course, Detective Brody will probably dig up four posts of mine in the past about Chris Harris Vs Buzzkill.

Buzzkill, to me, might be the worst Brad Armstrong gimmick. At least, the other ones were funny. Buzzkill was just an acknowledgment of how crappy WCW had gotten. They’re doing transparent knockoffs of popular WWF mid card acts but it’s OK cause it’s his older brother? The Gallagher II of pro wrestling.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We don’t talk nearly enough that Brad Armstrong is the least rizzed up pro wrestler probably ever.

I’m aware that his legacy is tied to “if only he had rizz, he would been a mega star” but I think that still undercuts how lacking he was.

Fantastic hand tho.