Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Late Night Talk Show Discussion

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Time to complete the redemption of Al Franken.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Craig Kilborn must see this news and sigh sadly. I hate him but him coming back would be hilarious.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"So I heard you were using canned content for the 12:30 timeslot while you were figuring out what to replace James Corden, tell us about that, CBS!"
Tough beat though going from trying to buy an NFL franchise with shady investors to your old shit being dragged out.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wonder what the odds are that Jon Stewart returns to TDS now that his Apple TV show is canceled. I am not gonna it’s a shoo in but they’re not zero!

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jon walked away from Apple because they tried to tell him what he could and couldn't say and you think he's going to go back to doing a 4 nights a week show that was crushing his soul?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don’t think he’d go back to his old schedule but if he got Howard Stern’s schedule (3 days a week, a week off once every 1-2 months) with guest hosts hosting Thursday/off weeks, maybe!

Valeyard

Reaction score
Stern takes a week off like once a month and all of summer from what I understand and works 3 days while working from his Florida mansion. It's hilarious.

Stewart won't come back because this shift isn't fun anymore and I don't think he can mentally handle it at this point. He's better for other things than silly funny news.

Now I'm actually surprised Samantha Bee hasn't been brought in.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I have no idea who that is but she's visually appealing so whatever.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Someone I really trust and value just told me they want Hasan Piker to host the Daily Show. I feel a little betrayed.

Valeyard

Reaction score
This is really, really weird. I hadn't thought about that guy in a long time. Scumbag who I will always associate with telling women how unattractive they were while using a laser pointer to show flaws. I think I'm surprised he didn't outlive the rest of the crew and write a book to cash in.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is really, really weird. I hadn't thought about that guy in a long time. Scumbag who I will always associate with telling women how unattractive they were while using a laser pointer to show flaws. I think I'm surprised he didn't outlive the rest of the crew and write a book to cash in.

Yep. He was awful to women. I mean I feel sorry for his family and friends who cared about him but he was a terrible human being. I couldn't stand him when I was a listener.

Trying to remember if it was Fred who hated him so much. I know someone did and it was glorious when he would get goofed on.

Complete scumbag

Valeyard

Reaction score
John The Stutterer (not Stuttering John) hated him. Pretty sure Gary hated him. My man ETM hated him. Everyone hated him.

I'm curious if his true sexuality will come out. There's running gags that need to be paid off.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"After Midnight" hosted by Taylor Tomlinson debuts on CBS tonight at 12:35 am

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah but then I brought up idea of Stewart being a part timer but even then, I didn’t think he’d be THIS much of a part timer.

Part timer is unfair terminology though cause no one would consider John Oliver a part timer cause he only does a show once a week. Bill Maher yes (@BruiserBrody Bull Shannon head slap) but John Oliver no. I am assuming Jon’s effort level will be closer to his former employee than Brod’s favorite late night host.

Valeyard

Reaction score
They're pretty aware that unless they retool it to be like Jon Oliver or they don't get hosts with any name value the Stewart night will crush the rest of the week. If it's not leading into a total format change or Stewart coming back full time, I'll be very surprised.