Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Mass Shootings/Killings Thread

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They chose to let their little runt take 4 lives, they should each get 4 consecutive life sentences.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In retrospect, their defense attorney beginning their opening argument by quoting Taylor Swift ( any lyric but especially using the lyric “Band Aids don’t fix bullet holes” in a trial to convict the parents of a mass shooter) was a legal blunder.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
It’s crazy to see this stuff from the outside. The deadliest school shooting in the country this year and it barely gets any coverage because it’s also the 45th. This will have no effect on the election, because people have just come to accept it as a part of life at this point. The shooter was just 14!

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Crazy stuff. At least 2 students dead and 2 teachers dead right now. Reportedly, the shooter (who gave himself up & was arrested at the scene) was investigated the year before in possibly posting threats online regarding doing a school shooting but denied those. His father, at the time, said they had hunting guns but the kid had no access to them without supervision. If you're a teenager or young adult, short of those guns being in a safe where they don't know the combination or in a spot they physically can't get to (and ammo being hidden), they'll have access to those guns in some manner.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I attended a school discipline hearing yesterday for one of my juvenile clients. He did wrong and the punishment fit the offense. He told a classmate, suspected of snitching, he would "drop" her whether he saw her in school or in the neighborhood. I did my ethical duty to show the progress he's made aside from this transgression (and i really need his parents to issue consequences in the home). The disciplinarian of record said, "No, in light of the school shooting in George this week, I have no choice but to expel this student."

A whole hour of going over his progress, grades, etc... for the discipline guy to use this tragedy as his justification for an expulsion on a verbal threat. He could have suspended, expelled, or anything in between without invoking such a horror.

My only real hope is that as a very emotional educator, he let his hidden tenderness override his professional diction and was trying a "scared straight" tactic. Maybe? I just felt it was inappropriate. The kid has no prior history of violence just a whole lot of leaving class without asking and vaping. No fights, ever.

Like principal dude, you want to talk about gun tragedy? Okay, good, let's go. You see that vape you caught him with? Your metal detectors failed to detect it. What other metal items are getting past your doors? You want to use dead children and teachers to justify your job? Okay, justify why there is NO metal detector outside of the detention building?

But no, I'm not allowed to call out stuff like that.

Angry enough and then my sis sends us an alert from her school of employment, two kids were caught on campus with airsoft guns so now I'm just double pissed.