Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Mass Shootings/Killings Thread

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Right, I'm sure this is toooootally 100% true and not a ploy to skirt hate crime designation and/or "own the libs".

So of course all the usual far right pundits/sources/media types are running with "see, now you all owe us an apology, our mountain if transphobic/homophobic rhetoric couldn't have possible influenced this!"

Last edited:

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
The mass shooting at Walmart last night (such a big deal in America that we didn't post about it) lead to us at work to joke about what put the gun man over the edge.
"Day 93 of being assigned Soda, water, juice and he just snapped!"

One of the bosses said he'd be subtle and turn us on each other so he doesn't get arrested for someone else's dirty deeds.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
His grandfather was a MAGA California state legislator that was just voted out of office. Quite the family resume.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Right, I'm sure this is toooootally 100% true and not a ploy to skirt hate crime designation and/or "own the libs".

So of course all the usual far right pundits/sources/media types are running with "see, now you all owe us an apology, our mountain if transphobic/homophobic rhetoric couldn't have possible influenced this!"
Ding ding ding

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve come to the conclusion that the rest of the country disarming while the right wing wouldn’t is an absolutely horrible idea so I’m glad he’s not saying something to that extent. Pretty much given up on gun control because this country is too stupid and half of it is too dangerous to let have all the guns.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I’ve come to the conclusion that the rest of the country disarming while the right wing wouldn’t is an absolutely horrible idea so I’m glad he’s not saying something to that extent. Pretty much given up on gun control because this country is too stupid and half of it is too dangerous to let have all the guns.
A saying I keep running into is "go far enough left and you get your guns back."

Lazgistics Supervisor

Reaction score
On the drive back from the last trip home, we passed by exits for both Sandy Hook and Virginia Tech. To say that the car ride conversations went silent for a few minutes is an understatement.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anytime I drive to NYC, passing through Sandy Hook is always a chills moment. 10+ years later and I still can’t believe that wasn’t some sort of wake up call.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
okay i just remembered the post about TNT pre-empting the world series for AEW TV so the wrestling bubble is still worse i guess

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Anytime I drive to NYC, passing through Sandy Hook is always a chills moment. 10+ years later and I still can’t believe that wasn’t some sort of wake up call.
I first heard about Sandy Hook by receiving a message from a friend that said 'Gun control is about to jump the shark.'

It doesn't surprise me that nothing actually changed since then, but it did surprise me that there wasn't even much in the way of active attempts to do so that the right would of course stop. Instead we got Sandy Hook truthing, which still boggles my mind.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Reaction score

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score