Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Mass Shootings/Killings Thread

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My fiancée texted me at 8:41am, today. She went in late today because of finals schedule and her "first" period being her planning period.

Just as she was about to swipe her badge to get in, the school went into lockdown.

Campus police were wrestling with a student (who thankfully) only had an unloaded gun on him.

I'm so fucking tired of all this and scared out of my mind for her, and the fact that last week on my own campus, we've had two separate kids make "jokes" about shooting up the school.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Really sickening this is happening on a WEEKLY basis. No Mental Health isn't the (only) problem. No, more guns will not solve this.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No, more guns will not solve this.
The police saw the shooter crash his car and come out with guns & body armor, tried to stop him and he STILL managed to get into the school and kill 19 people.

Fact of the matter is teachers or security guards or kids with guns (now I'm gonna have the Gorillaz stuck in my head) and MOST POLICE OFFICERS aren't going to stop anyone with ASSAULT WEAPONS and BODY ARMOR?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
That's what pro-2A people want. They want EVERYONE to be strapped to prevent shit like this. Not to mention how outright idiotic that notion is.

For the record, I'm not against guns. I don't care to own one but if you want to legally purchase a handgun and keep in secured in your home, then you do you. It's the fetishization of firearms and the "MAH FREEDUMB THO" types that bother me. I don't think banning guns is necessarily the answer (mostly because how would you even go about that?) but something serious needs to change in how and why we distribute them and stop illegal firearms from entering people's hands.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
nah fuck handguns. There's no need for those either. Why do you need a handgun? American's are fucking crazy I'm sorry.

The only reason for a gun is if you actively hunt and eat meat and even then at this point it's pretty borderline. I've been a gun owner in the past myself for hunting reasons. I turned my guns in a long time ago because I realized how toxic this shit was.

The only way someone should be allowed to own a gun is if it's for hunting, it's registered, they're an adult, pass a regular exam for competency and safety, own a gun safe, etc. No assault rifles, no handguns.

Most people in Canada are in favour of a total hand-gun ban in cities and I really hope that happens. Unless you are a country like Switzerland were every citizen spends time in the military and is fully trained there is no way to have a gun culture that isn't toxic. And really does anyone want that anyway?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This weekend in Maine in the town where my gf teaches, a mentally handicapped kid flipped out after his brother destroyed his hamster cage and shot through a door (thinking his brother and dad were there) and accidentally killed his two year old niece. In between the semi weekly mass shootings, there's stories like this in almost every town's local news.

America has a guns problem, a mental health problem, and a policing problem. And I don't see anything getting better anytime soon until the left decides they're as pissed and as willing to fight back as the goons with fascist ideals.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
The police saw the shooter crash his car and come out with guns & body armor, tried to stop him and he STILL managed to get into the school and kill 19 people.

Fact of the matter is teachers or security guards or kids with guns (now I'm gonna have the Gorillaz stuck in my head) and MOST POLICE OFFICERS aren't going to stop anyone with ASSAULT WEAPONS and BODY ARMOR?
Looks like he wasn't even wearing body armor. Just a jacket that can hold plates. The cops just shot at him a few times and ran away because they legally have no responsibility to place themselves in danger at any time.

Posting a tweet with an screenshot since it's behind a local news paywall:

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Watching the press conference now. Gov. Abbott said no gun control. Guns are not the issue whatsoever. Kids at 18 have bought guns for over 60 years.

Answer is god.

Yep. Nothing's changing.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Even if the Beto stuff is a little on the grandstanding side, good. Abbot is shit, and people need to see it said to his face. Always liked Beto. Texas doesn’t deserve him.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
that's a really bad take, i agree with AA. The toxic male patriarchy exists in every country as does racism. Mass Shootings are a uniquely American problem. They happen more in America than anywhere else in the world by multiples. You can not attribute it to any one factor or even several.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I shared it not cause I agree with it 100% but I think toxic patriarchy is a very forgotten factor and is probably in top three attributing factor with guns and mental health.

How many of these shootings have started with the gunman shooting a female relative before going on the killing spree!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damn. NEW ENGLAND MAN really living up to its reputation with that reaction score. Check your privilege.