Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Matches You Didn't Think Existed

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
"Hey. We should have some WCW guys team up in this tag tournament."
"OK. Do you think we can afford The Steiner Brothers or maybe The Midnight Express."
"I don't really care. Just pick two names out of a hat randomly. They don't even have to be from the same era.
I do like going on wrestlingdata and finding obscure tag teams with big stars who did one offs or whatever. Japan, of course, is the ring of the rando American star teams.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Looking at Ric Flair's '02 Cagematch based on the discussion of '02/'03 Hogan in the Old School Observations thread.

I DID NOT KNOW that Ric Flair made a cameo in OVW, doing a rare team up with his son David against Sean O'Haire and some go nowhere failed prospect named The Prototype*!

*(all kidding aside, is this the only time that John Cena and Ric Flair ever were in the same match besides maybe a Rumble? Flair retired in the dying days of the brand split era and they always seemed like they were on different shows.)

Edit- it looks like they tag teamed a few times in late '05/early '06 and in an eight man tag with DX in the build up to WrestleMania XXIV when they were both on RAW. It does look like the OVW match was only time they wrestled each other though.

At least until now. Cena, please don't wrestle septuagenarian Flair.

Last edited:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Didn't even tag @Scroby to see what would happen.

That Bossman squash is satisfying. Something about it being Bossman in particular just fits perfectly.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bossman never lost his penchant for great squashes even during his sad, awful '01-02 comeback

In a just world, Bossman Vs Saturn would've been an awesome 10 minute mid card PPV match. They do a great job of fitting in as much as they can into a two minute Metal match that was super rushed for time.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I think Awesome was the guy who introduced Tenta and RD Reynolds, or had some influence on their friendship.