Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MMA General Discussion 2020

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
UFC 261, April 24, Jacksonville, Florida... in front of a full goddamn crowd. Main event for some reason is Usman vs Masvidal 2. Last one wasn’t one-sided enough I guess.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Someone at his age and with his history of getting finished shouldn’t be winning these fights against young killers. His record is pretty legit, his only real losses in the past few years are to Izzy and Robert Whittaker. I think he’d have a chance to avenge against the latter and I think he just fought too jumpy against those guys.

He says he wasn’t hurt but he did look a bit rocked in there to me. I think if his chin really can hold up he can grind a win out against these rangy strikers that sit atop the division. Costa dropped out of his fight and was replaced, that would be a great fight to make.

Staff member
Reaction score
I think a lot of these kids have no fight IQ tbh. You don't just stand there and dive into shots against Derek Brunson. You have to stand at range and force him to swing wildly or lunge for a takedown with his hands down in order to close distance. Plus, at the end of the day, it's better to win a boring decision by jabbing him to death than it is to lose.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
39bfdddz4go61.jpg

Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing about Khetag Pliev losing a finger last night and continuing to fight?

I didn't see it but I guess his opponent ripped his finger off and threw it in the crowd. That's so morbid it's kinda funny.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I didn't see it but I guess his opponent ripped his finger off and threw it in the crowd. That's so morbid it's kinda funny.
Apparently not that gruesome. It was found in Pliev’s glove. That makes more sense but it’s such an odd injury.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I understand the UFC not wanting to throw 100K at Makdessi because his opponent missed weight but him vs Bahamondes was only about 1000X better then Alvey/Marquez.

Also I can't remember the last time a fighter went from "Prospect bordering on contender" to "The gameplan is out on how to beat this dude and it's actually really easy" in regards to Kevin Holland. He needs to take time off and do nothing but wrestling drills for the next six months and even then that may not be enough to save him.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I understand the UFC not wanting to throw 100K at Makdessi because his opponent missed weight but him vs Bahamondes was only about 1000X better then Alvey/Marquez.

Also I can't remember the last time a fighter went from "Prospect bordering on contender" to "The gameplan is out on how to beat this dude and it's actually really easy" in regards to Kevin Holland. He needs to take time off and do nothing but wrestling drills for the next six months and even then that may not be enough to save him.
I thought the Jordain/Rojo fight from a couple weeks ago should have won FOTN, too. I can't remember if there were weight issues with that one, though.