Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MMA General Discussion 2020

Staff member
Reaction score
This is one of the most tense fight atmospheres I can remember. Like everyone knows exactly what happens if Dustin goes down.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's such a huge missed opportunity to do a card with this main event and have three also-ran fights on the paid undercard.

They gotta feed their Saudi Daddies in three weeks, so they got the better matchups 2-5.

Also obviously this isn’t my first rodeo with MMA scoring, but holy shit one judge giving the fight to Costa almost broke my brain.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I felt bad for Dustin, I really thought after the 4th that he had a legit shot at an upset. Great career though, nothing to be ashamed of he left it all out there.

I feel like this result also cements that Khabib is better than Islam. He wiped out prime Dustin, and didn’t get battered on the feet like this. he finished his takedowns much better. He didn’t spend much time on the feet but considering how he walked down Gaethje in his next fight I think it’s safe to say that he wouldn’t have looked this bad if he had to.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also those cheers for Trump in Jersey lmfao the UFC really caters to a specific political demographic.
I like Poirier, but the same crowd that cheered Trump chanted "Fuck you, Islam" so I knew who I wanted to win at that point.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
“Games on the line, fourth quarter, against Miami.” *does boxing combinations*

That is sick I hope he does well tbh he has super fast hands like his dad

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not sure why that shit won't unfurl but I'm a Twitter dummy

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dan Ige is stepping in on about 4 hours notice for Brian Ortega to fight Diego Lopes who went from fighting at 145 to 155 to a 165 lbs catch weight in about 48 hours.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They even did an interview with the Nevada Commish on the prelims about how it became legit, couldn’t see the pile of money from Dana in the background.

Looks like Lopes wins 29-28.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
The craziest thing about all this to me, is that Alex Pereira has developed a case for being in the GOAT conversation, and he made his UFC debut after Conor had his last fight in the octagon. Insane level of activity you just don’t see in the modern era. A true old school kickboxer’s mentality.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I will say though that if he fights a wrestler with size like Blaydes it could go badly for him. He hasn’t fought anyone like that before.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Drew Dober rocking the Diego Sanchez level cut above the eye tonight!

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
His ground game is legit but I still think Green was dumb shooting like that. Still easy money though, the SYSTEM

I’d like to see him fight a ranked guy to really see how his striking will hold up.