Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MMA General Discussion 2020

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I won a bet on a parlay of Alex, Tom, Jessica, and Benoit. Was confident in every pick but Alex. Was 50/50 there.

Was very happy to see Andrade get a win. She’s one of the few female fighters you can always count on for action.

Last edited:

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
That Emmett KO might be one of the worst I’ve ever seen, in any combat sport. My initial reaction was shock, it was that bad. I can’t believe he had a seizure, I’m glad he ended up walking under his own power.

I think the main issue with Colby is that at his age, he doesn’t have the cardio to execute his pressure style, and that’s why he fought the way he did tonight. We didn’t get to see him deteriorate. But the third and fourth rounds are close enough he might somehow win. Leon doesn’t take advantage enough when he hurts someone.

Staff member
Reaction score
That Emmett KO might be one of the worst I’ve ever seen, in any combat sport. My initial reaction was shock, it was that bad. I can’t believe he had a seizure, I’m glad he ended up walking under his own power.

I think the main issue with Colby is that at his age, he doesn’t have the cardio to execute his pressure style, and that’s why he fought the way he did tonight. We didn’t get to see him deteriorate. But the third and fourth rounds are close enough he might somehow win. Leon doesn’t take advantage enough when he hurts someone.
Those third and fourth rounds were not even close my man

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is there any reason the UFC decided to stack 299? You think they'd do it for 300, but 299 is loaded, and I haven't been able to say that about too many cards as of late.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Is there any update on the guys for 296? For all the talk of Colby’s classless antics being a draw, I’d like to see how just bad the ppv did

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is there any reason the UFC decided to stack 299? You think they'd do it for 300, but 299 is loaded, and I haven't been able to say that about too many cards as of late.

My guess is that the last time they were in Miami they set an all-time gate record so they want to try to top it again.

I also feel like they are good fights but not many that absolutely have to be at 300.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Some potential "system" bets @Mickey Massuco?

Jack Della Maddalena (+110) vs Gilbert Burns
Ilia Topuria (+135) vs Volkanovski

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I was reading how a lot of people are pretty disappointed in Ontario how much it costs to just get in the door.

The Columbus card last year I just felt like I couldn’t get to the price tags on the secondary market. Of course if they only go on the road 18 times per year and then only 12-14 of those aren’t at T-Mobile I think the prices will keep being insane.

Staff member
Reaction score
This is such a low quality offense title fight. Really frustrating to see that mixed martial arts has become this

Staff member
Reaction score
I had DDP winning 48-47. There's something to be said for landing much more meaningful punches throughout the course of three rounds. Even though DDP can't throw a straight punch when his life depends on it, his punches were so much harder and more effective.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had DDP winning, too. What a shit card, though. When Neil Magny is the only finish on your main card, that's not good.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
MMA sucks now, even the high level fights leave something to be desired. Maybe it’s just me but my interest in the sport is close to dead.
That's how I felt around 2020-2021. That plus Conor + Conor ripoffs getting shoved down everyone's throat, and the continued existence of Dana White and Joe Rogan in the company, and I was completely done.

I haven't watched a new MMA fight since maybe Conor/Poirer 2 and I'm fine with that at this point. That said, I will watch old fights still. I watched The Smashing Machine doc for the first time last night, and it made me want to see some grappling, so I put on that Randy vs Mike Van Arsdale old man fight. Good fight.

Last edited:

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I still watch out of habit and probably always will. I rarely watch anything aside from the fights themselves and Dana won't be around forever.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I think I will always have a passing interest, but until fighters get paid and treated like real sports athletes do so the product becomes professional, I probably won’t be a fan like I once was. I always thought that it would happen once it became big and it’s been big for almost twenty years now and guys are still getting 10/10. It has an effect on literally everything.