Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Music comments that don't warrant a thread

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Convenience. I was watching something on YouTube at the time and the video I was watching had the beat from that song playing in the background, and I had the sudden urge to want to listen to it, and it was easier than switching over to Spotify.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
It's just a rather odd thing to complain about. Must have been a hell of a three minutes and change.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I mean, it's not exactly a new sentiment on my part, it's just that today was the first time in a long time I actually watched a music video.

Also, the video was closer to five and a half minutes.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe there was an ad break for Franklin University that ruined the vibe

Valeyard

Reaction score
Fond memories of playing GWAR on the radio in the old days and getting less-than-positive feedback.

I actually came here to try and come to terms with the fact my boss claims to be a Pixies fan and seen them many times but has no idea who Kim Deal is nor was aware all the shows she's seen are post-Deal. This person just continues to bother me.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score

Remember that brief MC Hammer/Q-Tip beef from he 90s? The very fact that Hammer though he could go bar-to-bar with ANYONE is hilarious.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
“I got something to say! I lost a bus driver today!”

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
While I've maintained my taste for "problematic" artists or whatever the fuck stupid term you wanna use, I've generally mellowed in old age. It's nice to see Steve Albini has, too.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am not unsympathetic to the notion that Byrne is a cold, unfeeling asshole, but when you're going about in interviews claiming he used voodoo to murder a kid and that you should "watch out" for his autism, have you maybe considered it is you who are a huge, raging, hateful asshole?

Valeyard

Reaction score
I never listed to A Bigger Bang but I saw people say it was the best since at least Dirty Work at the time, which feels like comparing Jurassic World to Jurassic Park 3.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Crazy Boss Lady is one of THOSE people who plays her personal music out loud instead of using an ear piece. That means the 3 of us working with her are at her mercy. Usually it is ok as she's 50ish so her music leans older, so I can dig it.
Last night we got a heavy mix of modern country, which I don't dig BUT we did get some Brooks and Dunn, Reba, Montgomery Gentry, and Trace Adkins so all was not lost.

Mainly posting to say "Neon Moon" still hits me in the feels.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Every Brooks and Dunn sounds exactly the same to me. Ronnie Dunn's voice has no range.