Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Music comments that don't warrant a thread

Staff member
Reaction score
That is depressing if it is true.
Even if true that’s such a terrible thing to say.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TIL Creem Magazine returned last year.

I mean if Rolling Stone has been a joke for 25+ years, I don't see how a rock magazine that's been defunct since the '80s is going to do much better but what do I know?

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I wanted to buy the rights to Creem when I was younger and reboot the music industry.

The most credible thing about the corpse of Rolling Stone is the music.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They’re coming to take him away ha ha. They’re coming to take him away! They’re taking him away to the funeral home so may he rest in peace.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The writer of this song, a legit #1 hit mind you, holds a position in my company.

I am not sure how but I want to talk to this person and tell them that, due to my upbringing on 90s country radio, this song has given me a tumor.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Another weird/bad take for Mister Sister. I’m looking at an episode guide for Unplugged and there were eight bands that I could classify as hair metal on the show plus a few hair metal adjacent acts like Aerosmith and Joe Satriani.

I’d get Dee’s complaint if he was in a thrash/death/extreme metals but most hard rock and metal acts SHOULD be able to play acoustic. GD. Dee Snider/Twisted Sister did at least two dumb dramatic rearrangements of “We’re Not Going to Take It”! Is doing your song acoustically any lamer than a Christmas themed version of your song!?

Valeyard

Reaction score
That's just weird. I always hate it when acts think like that, from any genre or era, because it also speaks to their lack of ability to translate to a different audience. That said when the Bon Jovis of the world talked about how they were intending on going in a more grunge direction after "Smells Like Teen Spirit," came out, it's just as bad.

Dee's legacy, for me, is the PMRC hearing and telling Howard Stern how to dress. Twisted Sister weren't very good.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dee seems like a cool guy and overall, I like him but I get the sense that he is pissed that he is seen by most people as frontman for a two hit wonder and not one of the GOAT rock stars.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He's probaby fine. That's just a very crusty take.

The "We're Not Gonna Take It" video is still great because Niedermeier.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's probaby fine. That's just a very crusty take.
He has trash talked Paul Stanley too many times for my liking, brother.

Speaking of which, KISS…contemporary of Twisted Sister…had a GREAT episode of MTV Unplugged! Mr. Sister doesn’t have a (spandex covered) leg to stand on IMO with this take.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk this but uh, not a shocker. I found this month old article from a Reddit thread about how Michaele Graves is doing a solo acoustic show at an ice cream parlor a half hour away from me. I, uh...Laz, you have anything?

Last edited:

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
I do! Graves is a cunt. He's fucked over every artist that he's worked with and serving in the USMC turned him into a 3%er douchefuck.

That being said? His post-Misfits work is better than Danzig's post-Misfits run, and I'll die on that hill. The one Gotham Road album is better than most of Danzig's solo work by a country mile.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m more befuddled at the concept of a solo acoustic Michale Graves show than I am of him being a Proud Boy.

I guess it’s no weirder than Danzig’s Elvis Presley fixation.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I can 100% see him as a Tesla guy. It's a money thing, that and I totally see him being one of those rebels who makes a smug defiant metal face while playing "We're Not Gonna Take It" as he cruises through LA in it.

I really liked that rant, though.