Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Music comments that don't warrant a thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Was just reading a press release about a deluxe reissue of Quiet Riot's 1999 reunion album cause I'm me.

It just made me kind of depressed that it kind of represents what a lot of what the limited future is left for physical music scales...extremely niche upscale rereleases. There's probably like 400 nerds that are interested in late era Quiet Riot (and even that might be a generous assessment) but they're gonna ring every last cent out of them.

Amusingly enough though, the people releasing these deluxe reissues realize people don't have *that* much interest in late era Quiet Riot cause the bonus disc is a live concert from 1984 LOL.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Tillan Pearson has left Dance Gavin Dance for the time being over a rape accusation. This band goes through singers like toilet paper. Sounds pretty damning.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
posting in case @Incandenza is looking for some summer concerts to go to.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Love the rawness and emotion of this performance of You Oughta Know by Alanis on Letterman right when she was breaking out

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Since we don't have a sexual assault in music thread (even though it's probably as bad or worse of a problem than TV/film industry!)

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Were Mumford and Sons trash at the time or did they age into it? I didn't listen to them during their peak but the work radio won't stop.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
They were very refreshing when the major pop stations just played the same stuff over and over, but they were quickly so overplayed that whatever freshness they started with spoiled rotten in record time. At least they knew it wasn't our fault, but their own.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
(inauthentic) Hooo!

(I couldn't find the damn non diddling Michael Jackson thread and if he didn't have one before, he doesn't deserve one before. Tony Award winning jukebox musical be damned!)

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
TIL that A.J. McLean from the Backstreet Boys was once on Nickelodeon GUTS

enhanced-buzz-wide-11924-1359488075-5.jpg

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
37th anniversary of best Queen performance and worst Led Zeppelin reunion.

I reread Phil Collins' autobiography this past weekend and if he is to be believed (and he's so blunt, I have a hard time doubting him), my man got jobbed that night. He kept telling Page & Plant that "I don't have time to rehearse and you have another drummer so I can step aside and just let you guys have your moment." but they kept insisting that they wanted him there.

My theory is Page & Plant wanted a fall guy to point an accusatory finger to when their reunion was a letdown. I'm puzzled (and so is my man Phil in his book somewhat implicitly) why they even bothered to show up in the first place if they were going to take such a defeatist attitude. But I guess it was the biggest concert of the '80s and it's still the 2nd most talked about performance even if it sucked!

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I owned the first "Punk Goes Metal" record featuring AFI's rendition of "Head Like A Hole".

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Last Punk Goes... compilation came out in 2019, which is musical equivalent of shows that lasted way longer than you expected.

Of course, '00s nostalgia is in so we might see more compilations sooner than later.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Gorillaz dropping their latest song. Loving that bass line but the song feels a tad too fast for me (which is a rarity when I prefer something to actually be slowed down).

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s nice metal and hard rock has their own Meltzer.

(That might be unfair to Eddie though since he has a lot more firsthand experience in music industry than Meltz has in rasslin biz)

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
That video only goes into three but way more have expressed disdain for Trunk. Rob Halford has been very vocal about how much he hates his guts.