Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Music comments that don't warrant a thread

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
TIL before they were an industrial metal band, Ministry actually started out as an 80s syth pop act.

Their album "Twitch" is an interesting transitional album in that it still has some synth pop, but also has a harder edged Electro-Industrial edge that would also be on "The Land of Rape and Honey" (which outside of four songs, isn't very guitar heavy. Also my favorite album from them)

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Their album "Twitch" is an interesting transitional album in that it still has some synth pop, but also has a harder edged Electro-Industrial edge that would also be on "The Land of Rape and Honey" (which outside of four songs, isn't very guitar heavy. Also my favorite album from them)

I listened to With Synotshy twice today and kinda dug it? Apparently Al Jourgensen didn't acknowledge that period in the band like how Pantera refused to acknowledge their hair metal days. He only recently started playing songs from it in thrift sets.

I don't know why but I just assumed Ministey began with Psalm 69.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Perry Farrell threw a punch at Dave Navarro at a Jane's Addiction show over the weekend and now Navarro left the band.

Also, goddamn Perry Farrell is a senior citizen at 65 years old. Didn't realize he was late 20's/early 30's when they had their breakthrough.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Perry Farrell threw a punch at Dave Navarro at a Jane's Addiction show over the weekend and now Navarro left the band.

Also, goddamn Perry Farrell is a senior citizen at 65 years old. Didn't realize he was late 20's/early 30's when they started.

And they’ve cancelled the rest of their tour.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I saw Jane's when they first reunited in '09. They played with NIN and were as tight as ever. I didn't care for seeing them on any of their subsequent tours and that album they released a decade or so ago was kind of wack. Sucks that their legacy has to end like this. They're actually one of my favorite bands.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The new LL Cool J album called The Force has been getting great word of mouth and reviews, so I checked out. Biggest surprise in a while. Like maybe the best hip hop album I've heard this year. Crushes the Eminem one and is much better than some of the other hip hop albums I've checked out this year. LL is maybe the best he's ever been and having Q-Tip as the producer is huge. The beats are all great. It's definitely his best since Mama Said Knock You Out and maybe his best period. Also, it has a great guest list of 90's legends (Snoop, Eminem I count since 99 was such a huge year for him and was his breakthrough, Nas, Busta Rhymes, Q-Tip on as producer). I'm shocked. LL has a successful acting career and he still went so hard here.