Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Offseason 2024: Steph, what are you doing here so early?

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
After days of speculation that the Lakers were zeroed in on JJ Reddick, now at least according to WOJ, the Lakers are making a massive push to Dan Hurley of UCONN to take the position.

Staff member
Reaction score
That guy is a huge prick but I guess now he’s our huge prick.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dan Hurley had told the Lakers “nah” and will stay in Connecticut.

Edit: 6 year, 70 mil offer they sent him. Everyone got what they wanted here. Hurley will get a nice fat raise, Lakers can say they went big dog hunting before signing the cheaper LeBron approved guy that can be scapegoated.

Last edited:

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Tom Gores is so goddamn bad at owning this team. Monty shit the bed by being on team Killian Hayes over Ivey. Don’t know if he should be rewarded with $65 million unearned for it though.

Team wasn’t going to win 20 games this year no matter what though. Didn’t matter who was coaching.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lakers find their next scapegoat and officially sign JJ Reddick to be head coach with a four year deal.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Reports are that Malik Monk is going to back to the Kings on a 4 year 78 million dollar deal, with a PO on year 4. I'm a little surprised that there wouldn't have been more on the table from Detroit or Orlando, but maybe he really likes the fit in Sacramento as he looked really good last year.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Okay so after a couple days, there is a silver lining to this Giddey trade. I've wanted the Bulls to tank for like 2 years now and it seems by trading one of the best players in Caruso for a wildcard like Giddey, that they are doing that. I can't see DeRozan staying here now, and his fit with Giddey is horrible. LaVine is most certainly getting traded within the next days or weeks. Vucevic probably won't hurt the tank and I don't think anyone is going to trade for him, so he can stay.

The main objective for next season should be to keep that draft pick in a loaded draft. It's top ten protected and it goes to San Antonio if we win enough games to not fall in the top ten. We should be bad enough to keep the pick next year at least.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think the trade is fine for the Bulls, but its just a real microcosm of their front office waiting and waiting. Giddey is solid value but they pretty much have to pay him 20-25 million without seeing him in their system at all.

I think there are legitimately 20-24 teams really trying to compete next year so I think it would be a great time for the Bulls to reset or at the bare minimum to let the kids play and see what they have.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Knicks are reportedly shopping Mitchell Robinson. He's never developed into a real scorer so I feel like his ceiling is pretty limited on the type of return they'd get. As an interior defender he's good but I think his best role would be as a #2 Center who can give a team paint defense and a few boards a night while resting the main starter. Offensively he's a liability at the FT line, has no range, and I feel like he's more hype than game.

Not helped that Harteinstein's a slightly better version of him so the Knicks are kinda fucked if they can't swing a trade.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Someone has claimed on twitter that JJ called her the n word when he was in college and it’s become big enough that he had to make a statement. He has flatly denied it.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think that’s the right move by the Nets. Bridges is a great player, but without any real assets to get another player (minus the Suns picks), I think they should tear everything down.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And the Nets got some control of their immediate future back trading one of the Suns pick and a swap to Houston for the ‘25 swap back.