Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Offseason 2024: Steph, what are you doing here so early?

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah shit... According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Rockets have acquired multiple future first-round picks in hopes of eventually having the draft capital needed to help facilitate a trade for either Devin Booker or Kevin Durant.

"In three separate deals, the Rockets acquired Phoenix’s 2027 pick from the Nets (via the Suns acquiring KD from Brooklyn), the right to swap the Houston/Oklahoma City 2025 first with Phoenix’s 2025 first, the more favorable 2029 first from Dallas and Phoenix, and the right to swap its 2029 first for the less favorable Dallas first and Phoenix first."

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That deal really surprised me. Deni is on a super team friendly deal, especially with the rising cap. Tremendous trade for Portland.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Tim Hardaway Jr. has been traded to the Detroit Pistons for three second-round picks and Quentin Grimes.

Staff member
Reaction score
D’Lo opted in. So now we’re gonna see if I was right. Was it just the coach.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this, @909? I’d hope his own kid would know better than us but despite LeBron talking about winding down his career a bit last season, is anyone going to be surprised if LeBron plays three more seasons? He is still a Top 20 NBA player.

I guess it’ll be a matter of seeing this season if LeBron can still be a relatively elite player. I don’t see him wanting to transition into being a role player like Carmelo or Russell Westbrook.

Staff member
Reaction score
No, Lebron can't play that long. But I think more importantly, Bryce is only a bench player on his HS team. Our guys officiated his games last year. Admittedly his HS team was very stacked, but he was a bench player. Bronny was a McDonalds All American before he had a heart attack. There's a big difference there.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don’t pay attention to high school basketball (probably for the best) but wasn’t Bryce the better prospect at one point?
Apparently Lebron will take a massive paycut if it is required for Klay, Harden, or Jonas V to come and be on the team
main-qimg-efb1c6f5fa397e2a7f06beaf65368177-lq

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t pay attention to high school basketball (probably for the best) but wasn’t Bryce the better prospect at one point?
Yeah. But hey it's literally my job to pay attention. I don't blame you. Someone told me the most remarkable part of the games they officiated with those kids was Scottie Pippen motherfucking him (his son plays on that team) all game.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Scottie Pippen spends most of his time motherfuckin’ these days tbh.

Presumably based on how many people be fucking his baby mama.

I genuinely feel like no one outside of the state of Indiana besides people directly involved in high school sports (such as yourself, 909) and college scouts should be emotionally invested in high school athletes. I actually bought tickets for Cooper Flagg’s appearance in Portland and didn’t go because I felt kind of queasy about making a big spectacle over a bunch of teenagers. Maybe I went too far in the other direction and am a huge dork but IDK.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Apparently Lebron will take a massive paycut if it is required for Klay, Harden, or Jonas V to come and be on the team

I don’t see that happening. LeBron would have to leave A TON of money on the table and I think it would only net a guy on the MLE. I doubt LeBron would leave 60 million or more for a year or two of Klay or Jonas.

Staff member
Reaction score
I genuinely feel like no one outside of the state of Indiana besides people directly involved in high school sports (such as yourself, 909) and college scouts should be emotionally invested in high school athletes. I actually bought tickets for Cooper Flagg’s appearance in Portland and didn’t go because I felt kind of queasy about making a big spectacle over a bunch of teenagers. Maybe I went too far in the other direction and am a huge dork but IDK.
I go to a lot of basketball games but now that I'm Team Stripes I never have to go alone, I always meet someone there when I'm not working the game. This is one reason I've said becoming a ref has turned out to be great for me, I used to not have a lot of friends and now I do. But that being said, nobody ever looked at me weird for going when I went alone. If you want to watch live ball that's the only option you got that doesn't cost you tons of money.

I don't ever go to football games cause I always work them and rarely have W-F off a game so can't say if people look at you weird there.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did attend one of Emoni Bates' games just days before the COVID lock-downs (a skirmish broke out during that game too).

As for the Pistons, I just need J.B. to get the Pistons out of the doldrums like he did with the Cavs and then he can piss off somewhere else.