Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL Offseason 2024: I guess Belichick can relate to 24 year olds after all.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm more sad that Troy Brown is no longer the WR Coach in New England :(

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
KC has signed former Bills Punter Matt Araiza who was dismissed from Buffalo after sexual assault allegations stemming from his collegiate career at SD State.

He was dropped from the lawsuit and was free to be signed last season.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man I feel like the Pats had better have intel that they don’t think Maye or Daniels will be franchise QB’s because even though they are getting good value, you hope you pick #3 once in a 10-15 year period.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Staff member
Reaction score
If you pick the bum, now you have a bum QB and years of no 1sts

Member the good old days like when they wasted 1sts for years on bringing in the Richard Seymours of the world to be on a shit team?
I believe in these top three QB's so much that it's hard for me to fathom them being bums. Not having to give up any 2nd rounders makes that proposal worth it for me.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
The Seahawks let Smith’s $12.7 million base salary guarantee itself last week, though they’ve now converted his $9.6 million roster bonus into a pro-rated “signing bonus” that will spread out over the remainder of his deal through 2025. The move creates $4.8 million in cap space.

People are pointing to Geno having a "comedown year" last year vs. 2022 but his per-game numbers were almost identical outside of TD % and he played 15 games. Pro-rated to 17 again he would've had 4,107 and 23/10.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Chiefs released WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling while using the Franchise Tag on CB L'Jarius Sneed. Falcons are releasing TE Jonnu Smith. Buccaneers released LB Shaquil Barrett.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't forget that the Broncos traded their 2023 1st and 2024 2nd Rounder for Sean Payton & a 2024 3rd Rounder so they better hope Payton has success/doesn't flame out either or it's an absolutely epic botch on all fronts.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Bills are gutting their team in order to just get under the cap right now... they released: RB Nyheim Hines, WR Deonte Harty, OL Mitch Morse, CB Tre'Davious White, S Jordan Poyer, and S Siran Neal. They've also restructured contracts for Von Miller and Rasul Douglas.

Washington signed TE Zach Ertz to a 1 year deal. Eagles released CB Avonte Maddox.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Bills are bringing back QB Mitch Trubisky to be their backup and re-signed S Taylor Rapp to a 3 year deal at $14.5 Million.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Patriots signed RT Chukwuma Okorafor while the Saints signed FB Zander Horvath. Saints also re-signed the Honey Badger to a 2 year deal worth $13 Million. Jaguars signed LG Ezra Cleveland to a 3 year deal worth $28.5 Million ($14.5 Million guaranteed) after he was acquired via trade last year.

Bears franchise tagged then signed CB Jaylon Johnson to a 4 year $76 Million deal with $43.8 Million guaranteed.

Jonnu Smith continues his NFL exploration signing with Miami for 2 years.

Safeties are getting slaughtered as Steelers released Keanu Neal and the Broncos released Justin Simmons,

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just trade up to the second spot if you want him that bad. It’s a couple first rounders and spare parts.

You can’t risk finding yourself settling for Minshew and passing the buck for next year.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Am I looking at old draft boards cause everywhere I still see Drake Maye as the consensus #2? I know sports media pundits have been dragging his ass past few weeks so probably. Chris Simms said he wouldn’t even put him in his Top 5 QBs.

If the Patriots aren’t going to get Caleb Williams or MHJ at #3 though, I’m of the belief that they should trade down (but somewhere still in the Top 10)

This seems like a ‘00s/‘10s Raiders move. I hope for the sake of 909’s mental and physical health, they’re past it.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score