Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL Offseason 2024: I guess Belichick can relate to 24 year olds after all.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Chiefs re-signed DT Chris Jones to a 5 year deal with $95 Million guaranteed over the first 3 years. Big necessary keep for KC.

Seattle re-signed WR Tyler Lockett to a restructured 2 year deal worth $34 Million deal, continuing to add to a suddenly barren WR FA market.

Raiders will release DT Jerry Tillery to save $3.8 Million in cap space.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to see Mac move on for himself and the organization. There was clearly no coming back from last season mentally and everybody needed a clean slate.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think a season or two for a team where he's not in competition to be the starter is probably best for a mental reset. I thought he'd go to a Florida team to be their backup but I thought it'd be the Dolphins!

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Like, I knew the tidbit that Mac Jones was a child model but somehow missed he grew up here. I wonder if he's gonna live with his parents during his year here.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hand and footwarmers exist.
I wish these people would've taken better care of themselves before going to that game. Players in the coldest game ever, Ice Bowl, along with fans at Lambeau that day suffered lifelong consequences. But that was the 1960s and Lombardi was already at least trying to make things safer; unfortunately, a heating grid installed beneath the playing field malfunctioned. Since then, at least in these traditionally cold regions (Green Bay, Chicago, Buffalo, etc) have passed down tips and tricks over the years. Hand/foot warmers, layers, vaseline on exposed skin, etc. Frostbite is a real thing and it can last a lifetime.

I was at the Green Bay-San Fran playoff game with similar temps a couple years ago and those precautions helped me and many, many others.

Staff member
Reaction score
Kirk Cousins agent says that his client signed a four year deal with the Falcons.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kirk Cousins agent says that his client signed a four year deal with the Falcons.
The news was broken by Cousins snow removal guy who was informed this morning his services weren’t needed any longer.

Good for his agent tho