Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Oh. Canada. part 2

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
it doesn't sound good but i'd like to hear more from a site that doesn't reccomend me articles from Jordan peterson at the end too. It also sounds like it's mostly a restoration of something that tried and failed in the past.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ill read the article later but every Canadian at this point has thought about it probably. For all of Ameeica's many flaws and the way it mistreats its partners at times, we need a strong democratic America as an ally.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We've talked a lot about the various possibilities in chat before. I don't think it's super likely to happen at least in the near future, but it's also not impossible. If it were to happen I don't think it'd be a full fledged 1861 war but more just a series of succession's.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Trudeau has a huge ego so I don’t know if this is true, but a theory I’ve seen float out there is that the Liberals know they have no shot at the election. So rather than have a new person take a historic loss and have it be associated with the party, Trudeau will take the fall so that whoever takes over can paint it as a referendum on Trudeau rather than the party. That way, moving forward, they can rebrand and not have the stink of the current government associated with them.

Which would actually be a noble thing for the party and make sense politically. But again, Trudeau is so egotistical I don’t know if I buy it. This guy might genuinely think he can still win.