Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Oh. Canada. part 2

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The bail hearings were amazing today. There's a ton of stuff I could post but I'll just post this.

she's putting a bill forward to give the truckers asylum as political asylum LOL

Also there's been a bunch of smaller outbreaks again today including in BC where they shut down the crossing in Surrey.

Staff member
Reaction score
That guy is a baby and dipshit, but the efficacy of outdoor masking is debatable at best and I hate that this became an issue people get in fist fights over.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
He only had to wear the mask on the chair and in the line. It's probably not needed but tough shit. Instead he gave his kids a memory they'll never forget and himself an assbeating and a criminal record.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That guy is a baby and dipshit, but the efficacy of outdoor masking is debatable at best and I hate that this became an issue people get in fist fights over.
Mildly related, mildly interesting story. Me and my girlfriend were driving home from his errands and drove by a lady taking a walk with a face mask on and I started cracking wise to my lady about what a scaredy pants, weirdo. And gf was like "It's Maine in February and like 15 degrees out" and I was like OHHHHHHHHHH! I forgot that people cover their faces for non COVID purposes.

Staff member
Reaction score
Mildly related, mildly interesting story. Me and my girlfriend were driving home from his errands and drove by a lady taking a walk with a face mask on and I started cracking wise to my lady about what a scaredy pants, weirdo. And gf was like "It's Maine in February and like 15 degrees out" and I was like OHHHHHHHHHH! I forgot that people cover their faces for non COVID purposes.

Yeah, in Sacramento in late December I left mine on. It was fucking freezing and I don't understand how someone could leave their face uncovered in that kind of weather.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
cbc.ca/news/politics/opioid-crisis-bc-canada-1.6471878

BC will be decriminalizing small amounts of drug possession. Way overdue but this is good news. Hopefully it will be Canada-wide soon.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought it was during the Ottawa truckers protest.

(Googles)
I guess it was end of January. Twice in less than five months seems like a lot but I suppose it's not unprecedented. One of my friends currently has a p. bad case of COVID and she got it previously when she was visiting home for the holidays in December/January.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And people in chat always laugh at me when I say I still carry cash.

I just woke up so I'm catching up on this but god damn what a clusterfuck. I sure hope this puts a stop to the gigantic Rogers/Shaw merger (HAHAHA IT WON'T). It should lead to Rogers (and Shaw) being broken the fuck up.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They were forced to acknowledge it was happening finally so they had to take action to look like they're doing something. Nothing is going to happen. The Soviets literally shot down and captured a U2 pilot.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In theory one of these scandals with China should sink JT let alone multiple scandals. The CPC however seems intent to keep trotting out assclowns like Poilievre and not giving themselves the best chance to win over the moderate voters the need to win. If they quit pandering to the far right they'd probably have the next election already locked up. People have to be sick of Trudeau but what can you do when your alternatives are an uninspired NDP and Milhouse.