Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA: A place to discuss and debate pizza.

tonyjaymz03

Kinsey
Reaction score
A great pizza place opened up near me called Squistos. Best pizza I've had in some time, especially since they have toppings you usally won't find at other places, like eggplant.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Garlic Fingers, are all over the place, we just call them Garlic Twists.
Little Casear's $5 large "Hot N Ready" Pepperoni deal is hard to beat, and even Pizza Hut as the Pizza Mia's for $5 with one topping of your choice.

Staff member
Reaction score
The worst thing about pizza down here is that it seems like nobody makes a good deep dish. If anyone is aware of one in the LA area please say so.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kinsey said:
Baltimore has shit for pizza. I can't even name one local pizza place that is even decent. They all try for a NYC style pizza and yet still fail. Horrible.

Brick Oven Pizza
Matthew's

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So I finally dropped Domino's new pizza. I didn't really notice any difference outside of maybe the sauce being slightly better. Crust tasted the same, cheese tasted the same, topping were the same. Same ol' mediocre stuff that I only order after a night of drinking because it's right down the street from my house and open till 3 A.M. on weekends.

Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something here, garlic twists are not garlic fingers.

From my brief foray into the internet, garlic twists appear to be like breadsticks, kinda; garlic fingers are served basically exactly like a pizza, except it's cut into strips and not slices like a pizza is.

griffinmills

I finally changed this.
Reaction score
You're pretty much right. Strictly speaking, Garlic Fingers are fairly rare in the states. It's like garlic bread made round and like a pizza and offers all the upgrade paths as such. In SF plenty of joints offer something similar but not exactly the same. I'd say the difference is along the level of french fries vs. curly fries or potato wedges, but even more so.

Not that bread twists and shit didn't exist until recently but recently they've been gaining a lot more notoriety and become wide spread. Also, in SF, there tends to be really good french and sourdough bread so might as well make things with that when you can so I can see why folks rarely dabbled in Garlic Finger technology. :p

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Kung Kamala said:
So I finally dropped Domino's new pizza. I didn't really notice any difference outside of maybe the sauce being slightly better. Crust tasted the same, cheese tasted the same, topping were the same. Same ol' mediocre stuff that I only order after a night of drinking because it's right down the street from my house and open till 3 A.M. on weekends.

Yeah, it's alright but nothing to write home about with the new ad campaign. The only difference I tasted in the one by my house is the crust.

the max

Soxy
Reaction score
The Domino's sauce was a little different but everything else was the same including the 1+ hour to deliver it. Thanks but no thanks.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
See I have a Domino's Pizza right down the street from the house. In the ten years or so that it was open, I went maybe four or five times before this summer. Now I go once or twice a week thanks to the slightly less shitty pizza and the two medium, two topping pizzas for $12 deal. I think Brooklyn Style is a not terrible approximation of New York style pizza. Maybe my favorite of the big chain pizzas especially since Papa John's has kind of gone to shit for some reason the past few years.

Now back to good pizza, I had a really good fancy pie from Portland Pie Co (local chain) the other week with fresh scallops, smoked bacon, scallions, and fresh mozzarella on white sauce with a beer crust. It was $22 for a large but totally worth it. Seafood on pizza sounded a bit weird to me at first but I can why Aussies are into it. I'm surprised now that I don't see it more often here.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Have we had a discussion on frozen pizza? I'm less picky than most when it comes to that junk but I got a beef with Newman's Own frozen pizza. They taste pretty good but they're perhaps the least filling thing ever. Like eating pizza toppings on a cracker. I guess that's as much of a beef with super thin crust pizza in general. I could eat a whole one and still feel kind of hungry.

Wacko Walrus

Very Active Poster
Reaction score
If frozen pizza is so great, then how come you have to cook it before you eat it?

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
6a010536e3fd46970c0120a5d8a352970c-pi.jpg

this shit is bomb bomb yo

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
Haha, you go jogging in a breast cancer awareness event before nibbling your fag Kashi mushroom trio and spinach you fairy?

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Agent of Oblivion said:
Haha, you go jogging in a breast cancer awareness event before nibbling your fag Kashi mushroom trio and spinach you fairy?
It actually is a pretty good pizza, you mouth-breathing neanderthal.