Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Puroresu Love & Resources V4

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't wait for people who haven't seen him since 2010 to assume he has cancer because he's an old man now.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

ddt can be so fun

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Destruction was an excellent show and even had a unit shakeup

Kanemaru turned on J5G and helped SHO beat Taichi to win the KOPW belt. So we're back to Just Four Guys for now! Can't last for long with all that merch they have. Maybe Yuya will join since he's coming back.

Tsuji is going to be a huge fucking star. His moveset is amazing, his facial expressions, his ability to connect with the crowd, etc. And he's still so early in his career.

Ospreay has improved SO much as a promo and top guy as well. Any time he used to touch a mic used to be painful but now he's actually entertaining. Hanging out with OKhan fixes everyone.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

so Power Struggle on Nov 4 will have Hiromu Vs Ishimori, Okada/Tana/Ishii Vs Sabre/TMDK, Sanada/Yuya Vs Naito/Yota and the finals of the Jr Tag League. Pretty fun lineup for a secondary level show.

Jr Tag League lineup
en-1.png

aside from Sho/Kanemaru this is a solid if not spectacular lineup. Should be some fun matches in here.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I was reading the '89 Observer collection and of course the Russians coming into NJPW is one of the big topics. I always figured this was one of Inoki's fever dreams so I was a bit surprised reading that Super Powers Clash set a gate record at the time for professional wrestling. I'm checking it out, it's an interesting show. Not everything clicks but there's enough good stuff to make it worthwhile.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
To add: I'm just now getting to the historic debut of Jushin Liger and this is definitely not the outfit I associate him with.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fuck I forgot Power Struggle was tongight. Just put it on in time for the last two matches.

Danielson Vs Okada is CONFIRMED for Wrestle Kingdom!!!!

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ospreay might be the best in the world right now honestly which I know a lot of people say but I generally dislike to give anyone that label. He made Shota look like incredible in this. Any doubts I had about Shota being a big star in the future were totally abolished. They also set up some really good shit for the Dome here.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

long overdue. I've always said they should have focused on an Asian expansion first but with all the covid stuff they probably ended up being right by sheer luck. There's definitely a real market in many of these countries as I remember both AJPW and NJPW running overseas shows and doing well and that was when the rosters were far less loaded for NJPW.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

This is a pretty solid card
NJPW Lonestar Shootout, Friday, November 10, 8 p.m. Eastern time on FITE TV pay-per-view --

• NEVER Openweight Champion Shingo Takagi defends against Trent Beretta
  • IWGP Women's Champion Mayu Iwatani defends against Stephanie Vaquer
  • NJPW World TV Champion Zack Sabre Jr. defends against "Speedball" Mike Bailey
  • Jon Moxley & Wheeler Yuta vs. David Finlay & KENTA
  • NJPW Strong Openweight Champion Eddie Kingston defends against Satoshi Kojima
  • Mistico vs. TJP
  • NJPW Strong Openweight Tag Team Champions El Phantasmo & Hikuleo defend against Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs
  • Kevin Knight, KUSHIDA, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs. Alex Coughlin, Gabe Kidd, Clark Connors & Chase Owens
  • Toru Yano vs. Joey Janela
  • Atlantis, Tiger Mask & Mascara Dorada vs. Ultimo Guerrero, Rocky Romero & Hechicero
  • Kickoff show: "Filthy" Tom Lawlor vs. Fred Rosser
  • Kickoff show: Barrett Brown vs. Matt Vandergriff

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Block A:

• Shota Umino & Ren Narita (tournament debut)
  • CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) (fourth tournament)
  • United Empire (HENARE & Great-O-Khan) (third tournament)
  • TMDK (Shane Haste & Mikey Nicholls) (second tournament)
  • Bullet Club War Dogs (Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd) (second tournament)
  • House of Torture (EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi) (fourth tournament)
  • Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa (tournament debut)
  • Gates of Agony (Bishop Kaun & Toa Liona) (tournament debut)
Block B:

• Bishamon (YOSHI-HASHI & HIrooki Goto) (fifth tournament) (two-time World Tag League winners)
  • HIKULEO & El Phantasmo (tournament debut)
  • Minoru Suzuki & Yuji Nagata (tournament debut)
  • Just 5 Guys (Taichi & Yuya Uemura) (tournament debut)
  • Yota Tsuji & TBA (tournament debut)
  • Soberano Jr. & Atlantis Jr. (tournament debut)
  • Monstersauce (Lance Archer & Alex Zayne) (tournament debut)
  • Bullet Club Rogue Army (Bad Luck Fale & Jack Bonza) (tournament debut)
This is the first NJPW Tag League in years I'm intrigued in. Kiyomiya is back! Shota/Narita teaming up! A bunch of news teams...

and NAGATA AND MISU UNITE~ THE ULTIMATE MEGAPOWERS!~

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
MegaDads.

Is the name Shota problematic in Japan?

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I doubt most people even know about the weird pervy shit in Japan. It's an extremely common name. @tekcop could explain this stuff better but Japanese names also have different meanings depending on the kanji used that doesn't really come across in english.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Shota is a really common name for boys in Japan. At some point it became the generic term for any boy in pop culture media. So the jump from that to shotacon is pretty obvious. For the average Japanese person, Shota only has the first connotation.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Kido was a fun NJPW/UWF worker. I remember enjoying a number of his matches, he wasn't one of the big dawgs but he was a solid hand.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

We've seen things like this before but this feels a bit more substantive

Activities

Governmental communication and requests

Strengthening connections to other industries and sectors

Sharing resources and practices

Including those related to wrestler health and safety, such as the provision of financial support for wrestlers while injured, and to offer compliance training. Group members will also consolidate event data for historical archive purposes.

This especially sounds good.

Group members

New Japan Pro-Wrestling (New Japan Pro-Wrestling Co. Ltd.)

All Japan Pro-Wrestling (All Japan Pro-Wrestling Co. Ltd.)

Pro-Wrestling NOAH (Cyber Fight Co. Ltd.)

DDT Pro-Wrestling (Cyber Fight Co. Ltd.)

Ganbare ☆ Pro-Wrestling (Cyber Fight Co. Ltd.)

Big Japan Pro-Wrestling (Yotsuba Industries Ltd.)

DRAGONGATE (DRAGONGATE Co. Ltd.)

STARDOM (BushiRoad Fight Co. Ltd.)

Tokyo Joshi Pro-Wrestling (Cyber Fight Co. Ltd.)

Further Group members will be considered in future.

I'm glad that Big Japan gets to play with the big kids but I hope they let in more groups like CIMA's and the little indies if this is going to be a lasting thing. They're doing a joint show in May so we'll see what happens with this.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score

The four-part Misawa/Kawada retrospective is up and some excellent background noise.

Led to me on an old AJPW kick and I gotta say Kobashi is the greatest face of all time.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kikuchi is the best babyface in peril IMO. When you watch Fuchi and Taue torture him in the multiman matches the way he builds up the tension and sells is amazing.