Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Puroresu Love & Resources V4

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't watched SHINGO/Henare yet but I've heard nothing but great things.

The way NJPW has shaken up the units was long overdue and has really freshened things up.

As far as SANADA, most first title reigns are not very long and I don't think it will hurt him if he only gets a couple defenses before dropping it. As long as he stays in the top mix after he's good. The issue would be if he ends up like EVIL and goes into the midcard or even lower mid-card. That isn't something I see happening because he won't be relying on interference and other crap.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

fuck yeah, AJPW/NOAH/NJPW supershow

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score

Wrestling can be so cool sometimes.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mox is back on 6/4! Lot of stuff happened tonight and we got the matches for BOSJ. Hiromu Vs Mike Bailey night 1 was the one I noticed. SANADA Vs Hiromu was nuts.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
en_Ablock.png

en_Bblock.png

First night will stream for free in english on NJPW World

Also we have some of the matches now official for All Together 2 on June 25:
match_1.jpg

match_2.jpg

match_3.jpg

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hiromu is putting a case together for wrestler of the year. His match with Bailey was fantastic. I really hope they put Hiromu in the G1 finally this year.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Been challenging to keep up on the BOSJ stuff but it's really been a fulfilling tournament this year. I think I'm through half of the show from yesteday so I have a small amount of catching up to do. Lots of stories going on with certain talent in here. Douki broke the 4 win streak of Lio Rush in a bit of a surprise (both of these guys have looked great in just about everything they have done so far), Kushida started slow at 0-3 and even had moments of heel tendancies but broke Mike Bailey's undefeated streak as well in a really strong match. Hiromu has really taken it to another level as stated.....his matches with Rush and Bailey were fucking fire.

The crowd reactions at these shows have been great too. Bailey is so perfectly fit for the junior division here and I hope he sticks around. Also, Dan Maloney out of the UK has been impressive too.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Aussie Open also had to give up their titles due to an injury to Mark Davis. I believe a new Champ will be crowned at Dominion.

Staff member
Reaction score
Besides that this was the hottest crowd at any show I’ve ever been at including WM. The first NJPW show I went to headlined by Omega, Ibushi, Okada, and Ishii and featuring the whole roster was pretty close though. Kenta, Mox, and Okada were super over lmao. It’s interesting when you go to shows like this and everyone’s over but then you go to any WWE show and fans care about only a couple people. Really bizarre I’d even go so far as to say WWE fans aren’t even wrestling fans. It’s even kinda sickening so I can see why talent want to leave so they can play their music in front of a few thousand people instead. The difference in appreciation level is actually crazy.

Last edited:

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
im going to watch the stuff i missed during raw tomorrow I think (we ended up going for some steak). do you know where in her match Mercedes got hurt? was it on the pounce? it looked like an awkard landing in the ropes.

Staff member
Reaction score
im going to watch the stuff i missed during raw tomorrow I think (we ended up going for some steak). do you know where in her match Mercedes got hurt? was it on the pounce? it looked like an awkard landing in the ropes.
She slipped off the top rope when they’re about to do a sunset flip powerbomb. She either hurt herself cause she was trying to put her foot somewhere and nothing was there, or when she fell all the way to the floor and landed on her feet it wasn’t good. Then when she got back in the ring she couldn’t put weight on her foot.

Every bump she takes, in person they all look as bad as that pounce bump. She’s a trooper for sure because I couldn’t be falling down like that and just be okay after. It's kinda getting worse looking as she gets older so obviously if Mercedes ever went back to working all the time I think it would be something to worry about. She also took a powerbomb after getting hurt and she was unable to help so it looked like she was sandbagging and it looked like a rough bump. People got confused and thought she got knocked out but for sure she didn’t.

The match was something that could have been great so an all around bummer for that to happen. It was also funny to see Kyle Fletcher wearing a suit after bullshitting with him, Cobb, and Mark Davis before Impact on WM weekend, when they walked out onto the street downtown wearing their gear lmao. Suit looked way out of place.

Last edited:

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
On top of all this, Ishimori took a few weird bumps in his match with Hiromu at BOSJ Night 8 on Sunday and appears to potentially be seriously injured. Something to the level of a shoulder seperation, maybe a concussion, maybe a mix of the two. The match was abruplty ended out of nowhere when it was clear he was hurting, and then took a really rough looking botched closeline where he basically whacked himself on Hiromu's forearm instead. I doubt he will return for further stuff in BOSJ, and the question just remains if he was going to make the semis or not. He was in the hunt going into the last regular block matches.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All Together Again final card
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kento Miyahara, and Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Kazuchika Okada, Yuma Aoyagi, and Kenoh
  • Tetsuya Natio, Shingo Takagi, and BUSHI vs. Yuji Nagata, Suwama, and Yuma Anzai
  • Tomohiro Isihi, Hirooki Goto, and YOSHI-HASHI vs. Masa Kitamiya, Daiki Inaba, and Yoshiki Inamura
  • Amasuka (NOAH), Atsuki Aoyagi (AJPW), and Hiromu Takahashi (NJPW) vs. Master Wato (NJPW), Rising Hayato (AJPW), and Hayata (NOAH)
  • NJPW’s Kosei Fujita and Zack Sabre Jr. vs. NOAH’s Chris Ridgeway and Sean Legacy
  • United Empire (NJPW’s Francesco Akira, TJP, Aaron Henare, Great-O-Khan, and Jeff Cobb) vs. AJPW’s Jun Saito, Rei Saito, Ryuki Honda, Hikaru Sato, and Dan Tamura
  • Shota Umino (NJPW) vs. Yoshitatsu (AJPW)
  • AJPW’s Hokuto Omori and Shuji Ishikawa vs. NOAH’s Go Shiozaki and Katsuhiko Nakajima
  • Ren Narita, El Desperado, and Minoru Suzuki vs. NOAH’s Naomichi Marufuji, Takashi Sugiura, and Junta Miyawaki

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dominion is at Midnight pacific time and the card looks like a lot of fun
  • Will Ospreay vs. Lance Archer - IWGP United States Heavyweight Title Number One Contender's Match.
  • Taichi, DOUKI, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, & TAKA Michinoku vs. Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, BUSHI, & Titan
  • KUSHIDA & Kevin Knight (c) vs. Francesco Akira & TJP - IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships
  • Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Jeff Cobb - NJPW World TV Championship
  • Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI vs. EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi vs. Great-O-Khan & Aaron Henare - IWGP Tag Team Championships & NJPW STRONG Tag Team Championships
  • David Finlay (c) vs. El Phantasmo - NEVER Openweight Championship
  • Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, & Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli, & Shota Umino - NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Championships
  • Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. Master Wato - IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
  • SANADA (c) vs. Yota Tsuji - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship
Tsuji joined LIJ at the presser for Dominion which he had hinted at during his return. The presser was his first appearance since he attacked SANADA so there's really been no hints at what his character or anything is going to be like in NJPW. Obviously the debut of Claudio and return of Mox is also big news. It would make sense for them to win the 6 man belts to set something up for Forbidden Door. Or Okada's team could retain which pisses off BCC and sets up some singles.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
EDDIE KINGSTON G1 MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaito Kiyomiya G1! I FUCKING CALLED IT! KAITO IS GOING TO FINISH THE STORY

G1 Climax Lineup

Kazuchika Okada, Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, Will Ospreay, Hiroshi Tanahashi, David Finlay, Shota Umino, Shingo Takagi, Tomohiro Ishii, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Hikuleo, Hirooki Goto, Yoshihashi, Toru Yano, KENTA, Zack Sabre Jr, TAICHI, Eddie Kingston, El Phantasmo, Ren Narita, EVIL, Chase Owens, Jeff Cobb, Great-O-Khan, Aaron Henare, Gabriel Kidd, Alex Coughlin, Shane Haste, Mikey Nichols, Yota Tsuji, & Kaito Kiyomiya

quite a few first timers mixed in

Last edited:

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SANADA Vs Tsuji was booked very different than most title matches and was a great first showing for Tsuji. LIJ looked like they just abandoned Tsuji after the match so that's a possible story. Tsuji grinning constantly like a weirdo and winking at SANADA after the match was great.