Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Puroresu Love & Resources V4

Slayer

I have no lies or truth in what I say
Reaction score
To plagiarize my previous post, I don't know whether to be more amused or annoyed that Kaito showed more intensity and passion this morning than he has in I don't know ever, esp when Mutoh could have used a couple good boots to his face during their series

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dunno how they decided on Hakushi being the one to get his ass kicked for 20 minutes and wrestle basically the entire match but it was pretty fun. He took an INSANE death bump off the apron through the announcer table that the crowd didn't even know how to react to.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They also made Naito/Mutoh, Okada/Kiyomiya and the rest of the Muto Dome show card final with lots of big matches. NJPW, DG, AJPW, etc all sending in guys. This is going to be HUGE.

• Keiji Muto (NOAH) vs. Tetsuya Naito (NJPW)
  • Non-title: Kazuchika Okada (NJPW) vs. Kaito Kiyomiya (NOAH)
  • Non-title: Hiromu Takahashi (NJPW) vs. AMAKUSA (NOAH)
  • NOSAWA and MAZADA (NOAH) vs. Gedo and Taiji Ishimori (NJPW)
  • Kento Miyahara, SUWAMA, and Yuma Aoyagi (AJPW) vs. Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, and Manabu Soya (NOAH)
  • Shun Skywalker, KAI, and Diamante (Dragongate) vs. Naomichi Marufuji, Hijo Del Dr. Wagner Jr., and Ninja Mack (NOAH)
  • Shunma Katsumata, Toui Kojima, Mao, and Yuki Ueno vs. Tetsuya Endo, Hideki Okatani, Yuya Koroku, and Takeshi Masada (DDT)
  • Eita, Yoshinari Ogawa, HAYATA, Daga, and Chris Ridgeway vs. Atsushi Kotoge, YO-HEY, Seiki Yoshioka, Alejandro, and Junta Miyawaki (NOAH)
  • Takashi Sugiura, Satoshi Kojima, and Timothy Thatcher vs. Jake Lee, Jack Morris, and Anthony Greene (NOAH)
  • Miyu Yamashita, Yuka Sakazaki, Rika Tatsumi, and Shoko Nakajiuma vs. Mizuki, Miu Watanabe, Maki Itoh, and Yuki Arai (Tokyo Joshi Pro)
  • Masa Kitamiya and Daiki Inaba vs. Yoshiki Inamura and Yasutaka Yano (NOAH)

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

The promotions involved will be:

• 2AW
  • 666 Pro Wrestling
  • All Japan Pro Wrestling
  • Big Japan Pro Wrestling
  • CMLL
  • DDT Pro Wrestling
  • DRADITION
  • Dragon Gate
  • Ganbare Pro Wrestling
  • GLEAT
  • Just Tap Out
  • Kyushu Pro Wrestling
  • Michinoku Pro Wrestling
  • New Japan Pro Wrestling
  • Osaka Pro Wrestling
  • PANCRASE MISSION
  • Pro Wrestling BASARA
  • Pro Wrestling FREEDOMS
  • Pro Wrestling NOAH
  • Pro Wrestling SECRET BASE
  • Pro Wrestling ZERO1
  • Ryuukyuu Dragon Pro Wrestling
this is so great. I've never seen so many companies involved in one show that I can remember off the top of my head.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
also the NJ Cup setup came out a few days ago.

cUGZxGE.png

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mutoh retirement show starts at 10pm tonight. I should be in chat watching and i'll have a link for anyone who is too cheap to buy it

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okada is the biggest prick in the universe when he works a NOAH guy. Beats the shit out of him and then just grabs his belt and dips right out.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

this card is amazing. there's a handful of guys on it even I don't know.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hiromu is booker of the year. Replace Gedo.

When he's acting like a kid who pulled a prank because he

booked a bonus match with CIMA and is filming Masato Yoshino and Milano Collection AT's reactions
it's hysterical.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
David Finlay is Bullet Club as Gedo's new boy

I'll wait and see how it goes but wow talk about a downgrade. Of course I wasn't sold on Jay at first either so maybe he'll kick it into the next gear.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah shit NJPW is actually really shaking the stables up this year!! Suzukigun dies, three new smaller stables form from the ashes, and now

after beating Naito in their NJ Cup match, SANADA has left NJPW to join Taichi in Just 4 Guys, now Just 5 Guys. Clearly they needed a new beefcake stable.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not totally sold on Finlay as BC leader but he's had a solid run in NJ Cup and I'm happy that all his matches have been clean.

Umino's Tanahashi-light babyface gimmick doesn't fit him at all and feels like it's turning him into Stardust-era Naito. Hopefully it will also lead to the same attitude change and this is all part of Gedo's Master Plan.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Slayer don't read before watching NOAH main

"Oh Jake Lee Vs Kiyomiya is the main of NOAH tonight? I'll check that out before NJPW"

"....I've never seen a NOAH show with the entire buildings lights turned off, this isn't a good sign."

" Oh GLG has 2 new members, Jake is obviously winning? Weird way to telegraph that."

"It's like 30 minutes in and they have barely done anything."

"...Did he just beat him with a kick in the corner and no finish? lol they got Kiyomiya out of there faster than Okada left after their match"

NOAH doing NOAH things.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of Puro happenings with a number of big shows. SANADA winning NJPW Cup was great and they're continuing to shake up the stable alingments which is years overdue. The main event wasn't very good and I really don't think Finlay has it the more I've watched of him.

AJPW put the tag belts on Kongoh from NOAH, and Kojima is going to be in the Champion's Carnival.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sakura Genesis will air live in English on NJPW World from Sumo Hall in Tokyo on Saturday, April 8 at 4 a.m. Eastern time.

Here is the finalized lineup:

• IWGP World Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada defends against 2023 New Japan Cup winner SANADA
  • IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Hiromu Takahashi defends against Robbie Eagles
  • IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) defend against Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis)
  • NJPW World Television Championship: Zack Sabre Jr. defends against Shota Umino
  • IWGP Women's Championship: Mercedes Mone defends against AZM & Hazuki in a three-way
  • Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi & BUSHI vs. Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & DOUKI
  • Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Master Wato vs. David Finlay, KENTA & El Phantasmo
  • Jeff Cobb, Aaron Henare & Francesco Akira vs. EVIL, Yujiro Takahashi & SHO
  • Mystery six-man tag team match

Really great card. I hope they pull the trigger on SANADA, as his new look/unit is the last chance it feels like and the fans are really behind him ATM.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Genesis was one of the best ppvs I've watched in a long time. The top 5 matches are all very good to fantastic. Lots of forward story movement and NJPW is continuing to really shake things up.

SANADA! SANADA! SANADA! The crowd reaction to his tights reveal was hilarious. The whole match was worked perfectly to put him over as a top level face. When he hit the Shining Wizard I marked out. Hiromu challenges! But he has to defend his title against Kanemaru first? SANADA proving he's a better faction leader than Naito already.

ELP leaving BC is great but holy shit what a bad stable they are now. I'm hoping ELP is going to join Jay and Juice is AEW for a few months.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not saying SANADA should be the champ headed into WrestleKingdom but I think he should have it for at least 4-5 months to completely shed the choker label. If he has an EVIL length title run, I don't think this title win helps too much.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Did anyone check out the Takagi/Henare 3 out of 5 falls match from earlier in the week? I haven't gotten a chance yet but heard great things on it.

I echo the thoughts that Sakura Genesis was a hell of a show. Really enjoyed that tag title match particularly. I liked the idea of the mystery opening six man too, wouldn't mind that be a staple of these monthly tentpole NJ shows really as an opener gimmick.

I feel like they should at least keep the title on Sanada up until WK to establish some dominance a bit. Otherwise like KK said, it could turn into a EVIL like vibe of a run. Granted he won't be winning by screwjob though at every corner clearly.

And will they do MJF/Sanada non-title at Forbidden Door?