Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Puroresu Love & Resources V4

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Slayer
I've gotten into the push of Mochizuki Jr and m3k and really love it. The fact they kept it secret he was Maasaki's real son was great long term booking and patience.

Slayer

I have no lies or truth in what I say
Reaction score
@Slayer
I've gotten into the push of Mochizuki Jr and m3k and really love it. The fact they kept it secret he was Maasaki's real son was great long term booking and patience.
Oh that whole work with Mochi Jr was sooo damn good I didn't want to spoil it for you, had wondered though even if I never discussed it that you might have heard the whole Jr storyline elsewhere. Now since it looks like you've caught up thru Kobe and maybe thereafter, have you seen his developing "second-gen boys" feud with Ihashi?

Speaking of Kobe, to your comment in the MOTY thread, that whole ending bit to Kai vs Kondo, well remember how blasé I was about Kobe World in the lead-up? That was why, it was just so awful and mind-boggling I couldn't even dignify it. Thankfully they got that stupidity out of the way and August has picked back up (the post-Kobe Korakuen was a pretty fun show beginning to end), but for a bit there it was very much "DG wtf is you doing?!"

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
someone posted a torrent on XWT for anyone who has it, of all DG ppvs/tv from 2004-2007. Now I don't advocate theft obviously :quiet: but from what I know the DGsite doesn't really have any of the old stuff.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Then he'll beat Kiyomiya one last time in a call out.

SORRY KID DID YOU REALLY THINK I'D LET YOU GET ONE OVER ON ME?!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I went to a JCW (Jersey Championship Wrestling) show last night. They brought in Jungle Kyona to make her in-ring return after 2 years away due to injury. She took on Masha Slamovich in a great match (the show is up for free, like all JCW shows, on the GCW YouTube). They had meet and greets for her before and after the show (she only charged $10 for a picture). I got to meet her before the show, and my daughter, who had never seen her before and became an instant fan, wanted to meet her after. She was incredible.

305796854_10167193626720457_4528989619492776713_n.jpg

306137154_10167193626840457_7089788803348539729_n.jpg

Slayer

Reaction score
It's going to be Kenoh, because Mutoh's going out on top with the belt again.
Tbf I dunno that Kenoh will even be the champ by month's end much less February, with his defense against Kaito on 9/25 coming from the latter winning the N1 tourney. I'd say that would roll your idea into @cobainwasmurdered's with beating Kaito in Feb, but knowing NOAH it could be someone completely different by then too

Naturally I'd like to see Kenoh win as one of if not my #1 fav in NOAH, but I don't trust the company as is for anything right now, and not much would summarize 2022 NOAH to me more than "five six GHC champions in one year", though "Nakajima shoot knocking out three other wrestlers (so far)" comes close

Slayer

Reaction score
I do have to correct myself, as I went back to rewatch the press conference incident from the week before CyberFight when Nakajima got into that same slap-off with Atsushi Kotoge as with Endo at CF. Kotoge clearly got bell-rung but wasn't full-on KO'd, though obv was still a portent of what would come with Endo and Kinya Okada, with the latter maybe finally being the breaking point for NOAH not just in its own right not for screwing over the block final drama*

Speaking of the press conference and CF in general, I'd forgotten that Nakajima wasn't even supposed to be in the NOAH/DDT match in the first place as he was subbed in for an injured Marufuji, who was supposed to lead the NOAH trio. Thinking about that leads to real "sliding doors" thoughts about how DDT's summer would have gone had the CF match occurred as originally booked

*based on standings and match order on the N1 final block show it's pretty clear Okada was supposed to upset Nakajima, which would make the Kaito-Kojima winner also the block winner. Nakajima's accidental KO win however eliminated Kojima from contention as it put Nakajima ahead on points and he'd won their match earlier in the tourney. While big picture didn't affect plans since Kaito won it all anyway, it took a lot of the air out of that last block match

Slayer

Reaction score
Busy Saturday for CyberAgent tomorrow with a midday Korakuen Hall show headlined by Higuchi defending the KOD title against a returning Takeshita for a show that feels like it's been highly undermarketed given all the newfound attention for Takeshita with his western excursion. Doubly so since it starts at noon which is 8PM Pacific/11PM Eastern here, a relatively easy sell for North American fans looking to watch. I imagine Higuchi retains given Takeshita's expressed desire to wrestle full-time here, and no doubt Takeshita in turn would give Higuchi a good shine for said new watchers. Later that evening is the Nagano NOAH show I mentioned earlier with Kenoh's GHC defense against Kaito from the latter's N1 win.

Slayer

Reaction score
Tbf I dunno that Kenoh will even be the champ by month's end much less February, with his defense against Kaito on 9/25 coming from the latter winning the N1 tourney
Naturally I'd like to see Kenoh win as one of if not my #1 fav in NOAH, but I don't trust the company as is for anything right now, and not much would summarize 2022 NOAH to me more than "six GHC champions in one year"
Prescient, might pull my lat patting myself on the back for this one

Great match as would be expected, but very little to change the whole "this company..." vibe, especially with WTFever that post-match with Fujita was supposed to be. DDT blew them out of the water last night

also checked Cagematch for the show and holy shit that ass-dragging GHC Jr Tag Title was actually longer than the main (about a minute), the hell was going on there

Slayer

Reaction score
should add too that while I am a Kaito fan and like that he's champ again (even if I did want Kenoh to win), I have absolutely not been digging the whole Muto-miya schtick he's adopted since their feud

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Have any updates come up about Takayama? Was thinking today that it's been a while.