Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Puroresu Love & Resources V4

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Titan is now in LIJ AND they debuted a NJPW World belt which basically seems to be the new U-30 belt for Young Lions. They're going to start it witha tourny. All the title matches will be a 15 minute title limit. I don't generally think NJPW needs more belts but I think this is a really good idea for the young guys, especially with more guys like Narita returning.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Titan is now in LIJ AND they debuted a NJPW World belt which basically seems to be the new U-30 belt for Young Lions. They're going to start it witha tourny. All the title matches will be a 15 minute title limit. I don't generally think NJPW needs more belts but I think this is a really good idea for the young guys, especially with more guys like Narita returning.

Here is the new title

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I caught up on Declaration of Power last night, and I have to say, that was a really fun show. Not a bad match on the card. There were some good upsets or sorts to set up future matches. The Titan return and joining of LIJ was a fun angle. Shingo holding that stupid KOPW trophy actually made it matter a little. He had really good matches with silly gimmicks, and yesterday was no different. The match with ELP was great, and the post match stuff was fun. JONAH vs Okada was freaking GREAT. Wato is really coming along nicely, too. His match with Ishimori was really, really good. Ren Narita as a Son of Strong Style is going to be great. He's going to be a star and fan favorite for sure.

NJPW announced the bracket for the tournament for their new title, and to be honest, it's pretty stacked with talent, but I'm a little underwhelmed. I was expecting it to be for Young Lions or those just out of graduating, and for it to be a bit of a high speed title, and we got:

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm genuinely curious to see how the NEVER Openweight Championship situation plays itself out and whether maybe Triple H is able to rebuild the WWE-NJPW relationship. There's definitely a window of opportunity for some bridgebuilding. Will WWE take it? I kind of doubt it.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
At risk of sounding like a WWE Cuck, it really wouldn't take much from Triple H to create a huge wave. You let AJ Styles work a six man with Good Brothers against current version of the Bullet Club? People would poop. And those are just mid-card guys. I strongly doubt it'd ever happen but if they sent over a Brock or Roman? People would ejaculate.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
NJPW wouldn't want Brock, they had him and it didn't end well.

The more interesting thing is if there is anything beyond having Karl drop the belt, how does AEW respond.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well I'm probably reading into it too much (and NJPW and NOAH did a joint show together THIS YEAR so it can't be *too* much bad blood) but I thought timing of this announcement was convenient too.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really doubt they're going to stop working with aew or anyone else. Everyone likes to have their options open.

AEW working wiht NOAH is fantastic news though as there are a lot of guys I'd love to see in AEW from there and NOAH could also use a bunch of their guys to liven their shows up instead of the shitty gaijin they usually use.

Staff member
Reaction score
Kitamura died. It sounds like he just passed out after not feeling well and went to the hospital and croaked. He had a bodybuilding channel that tbh would lead me to believe this was steroid related. To say the guy was geared up more after leaving New Japan would be an understatement.