Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Puroresu Love & Resources V4

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Royal Quest II is up on NJPW world. Besides the tag match, which I'll get to in a moment, it also has Shota Umino vs Will Ospreay. This match was FANTASTIC. We already know how great Ospreay is, but Umino is a star. He's totally got that Tanahashi appeal and will be a multiple time IWGP World Champion when they bring him back, as long as he stays healthy.

FTR vs Aussie Open.... Somehow the incredible hype undersold this match. This was easily the best tag match of the year, for me, just beating out FTR vs Briscoes I. It was perfectly laid out, and had one of the best belt shots I've ever seen in a match. It was perfectly executed to the point that it wasn't eye rollingly bad. The end of the match was just perfect. The match was a work of art.

Staff member
Reaction score

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Saw that Muta returned to NJPW this morning at a Korakeun show. Lights went out during Yano vs OKhan, Muta appears and there is a moment with OKhan and Muta (please god, no singles match between them!) and Muta mists OKhan, Yano rolls him up.

Guess the plan is in place for Muta to team with Yano and maybe also Okada against United Empire at the joint show with Stardom next month.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
now that the stream is actually working somewhat (fitetv is the fucking worst) this is a fun no stakes show from njpw. Crowbar! Alex Koslov! Maximos!

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I think the DDT show is a Thursday show so you don’t have to worry about it interfering with WWE stuff, unless you want to hang out with Alpha Academy at Axxess or something.

Yea I was only gonna go to whatever WWE convention they had and both nights of Mania. It's like 450 bucks to get a Raw or Smackdown ticket so that's not happening lol. Was never gonna do that anyway.

Staff member
Reaction score
u7to7nculww91.jpg

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
My wife and I took our daughter to Rumble on 44th Street the other night. It was her first live NJPW show, and we were sitting 4th row from ringside. We had an absolute blast. She was having the time of her life, and got to see all her favorites win matches, with the exception of Rocky, Eddie, and Okada. She knew many of the wrestlers on the show, but had never seen Fred Rosser or Mayu Iwatami before, but from the moment both walked out of the curtain, she was going crazy for both of them. Wheeler Yuta has been one of her favorites since she got into wrestling about 2 years ago, so she was obviously stoked to see him, and Homicide, who she likes as well, getting the big win. The best was hearing her chant, "Let's go Homicide", mainly because hearing those words from a 10-year-old would normally be cause for concern, but in wrestling, it made sense. She was also losing her mind for Suzuki, and screaming for him to "Hit him harder" when he was chopping Clark Connors. The only time she had a bad reaction was when Eddie and Okada lost. She has this issue where she'll get so into a match rooting for someone and if they lose, she'll break down and cry. She kind of understands wrestling isn't real, but gets so into the match that she forgets that and becomes real again, and she hates to see her favorites lose. She's met both Juice and Jay in the past and she likes them away from the ring, but once the bell rings, she hates them. Eddie is one of her favorites, and she loves Okada. She did say she would love to go to another NJPW show, so it's a win.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Got to say that not crazy that Crowbar showed up at one of the New York shows this weekend.

One of the few former WCW Cruiserweight Champs that I wouldn't get excited over showing up in NJPW.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
He's been doing some decent work with Beyond/Wrestling Open over the past couple of months, mainly putting Alec Price over huge. His match with Rosser was pretty damn solid. He was one of those appearances that was more, "Huh? Really, Crowbar?", but the match itself was a a good one.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Another reason to hate Joey Janela. He was the one Crowbar that credits with convincing him to return to being an active touring wrestler after years of semi-retirement.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
He seriously has to be the only person whose best work was in WWA too. No joke.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A few guys did Hulk Hogan impersonator gimmicks before and many did it after but I think Allan Funk in WWA might have done it best.

Speaking of mediocre wrestlers, NJPW *finally* stripped Karl Anderson of the NEVER Openweight Championship.

Conspiracy Kamala is wondering if part of the reason why WWE lent out Nakamura to NOAH is to show the Japanese wrestling scene they aren't complete dicks after they let Anderson ditch NJPW without dropping the title.

I'm also assuming/hoping that this means Muta will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2023 too.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
A few guys did Hulk Hogan impersonator gimmicks before and many did it after but I think Allan Funk in WWA might have done it best.

Speaking of mediocre wrestlers, NJPW *finally* stripped Karl Anderson of the NEVER Openweight Championship.

Conspiracy Kamala is wondering if part of the reason why WWE lent out Nakamura to NOAH is to show the Japanese wrestling scene they aren't complete dicks after they let Anderson ditch NJPW without dropping the title.

I'm also assuming/hoping that this means Muta will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2023 too.

I haven't seen anything about this. I saw that they pulled the match and replaced him with Yujiro Takahashi, but there's nothing about stripping him of the title. Word is this is all a work and NJPW knew about him not making it at least a month prior, and the plan is to have the defense at WrestleKingdom, which will be his final appearance.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Muta is a legend and one of the biggest international stars of the last 50 years. He won't phone in even if he has to work slower or dumber down. It isn't like Nak is coming in to work an Akebono-type or something.

Biggest knock on it for me is that it's Muta and not Mutoh since Mutoh is the workhorse half.