Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Random TNA Bullshit Vol. 2

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My God. Last week's My World With Jeff Jarrett on Episode 5 of TNA Wrestling might be the best podcast Conrad's ever produced. It's enough for me to forgive him for Ric Flair's last match.

Them talking about the irony of Jerry Jarrett flipping out over Jerry Lynn for accidentally saying "god damn" on the same show where Puppet beat off in a trash can and they unsuccessfully pleaded with Gang Bang Queen Jasmin St. Claire to take her top off is one of the funniest things I've heard on a wrestling podcast in a long time.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Pretty much everything he did but wrestle is worthwhile, and I don't even hate some of the matches. This is the kinda shit I think only he could get away with and it rules.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Foley/Sting at Lockdown for the world title was a lot better than it had any right to be considering who was involved at that stage in their careers.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Countdown to Lockdown was even better than a 4th Mick Foley autobiography had any right to be. There's days when I'd say it's my 2nd favorite behind the first. It does really capture the mindset of a washed performer just trying to have one more great performance really well.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My World this week is on No Surrender 2007, the show with Angle defending the World, X Division, and Tag Team Titles. And featuring Pac-Man Jones!

I feel like the Pac-Man Jones is the definitive "two steps forward, three steps back" TNA attempt at gaining mainstream publicity. You get a sports star who at the time is passing the Mom Test of mainstream relevancy then it's becomes immediately clear that they won't be able to do anything remotely interesting with him. Whoops!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Finally listening to the Foley is Pod on his TNA jump and I forgot he came close to jumping to TNA three years earlier in 2005.

Foley jumping three years earlier probably doesn't change much in terms of trajectory of TNA's popularity but man, he could have a lot of fun matches in TNA when he could still kind of work. Not to say his 2006 WWE stuff wasn't great at times but I definitely think he might have been even better in TNA during that timeframe.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He would've just eaten the Stroke like everyone else pre-Angle. If that wasn't it, he'd have busted his ass to put guys over who would then eat the Stroke.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When All In happened, I was like "Why did no one mention TNA had one of their biggest shows at this venue?" then I realized it's late '00s TNA.

Was this the Joe-Sting match with the really GD stupid spot that should have killed Joe?

Valeyard

Reaction score
Now Joe's slower and more injury prone while Sting is diving off shit like a madman. Funny how things go.

I want that rematch.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I think she just means the people on Twitter who will defend Dixie, which probably is about three people (not counting the dozens who will just go after Velvet for being a woman they can't sleep with).

I wonder what history would show if Dixie hadn't sent that email to Mike Johnson by mistake.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Vince Russo was the one who e-mailed Mike Johnson Impact scripts instead of Mike Tenay.

Dixie was the one who accidentally e-mailed the President of Destination America about how terrible Destination America was and how incompetent their leadership was.

If Impact never lies to Spike, they probably last until it changes to Paramount Network in 2018 (and are under much better footing to find a new network than they were in 2014-15) . As hard as the product fell in 2013-14, they were still doing pretty good ratings and every interview I've heard with Bischoff and Jarrett said that Spike TV loved Impact probably more than it deserved.

Valeyard

Reaction score
They had the best thing going. I don't know if they'd have lasted long after the name change (to Paramount) but they'd definitely have been in a way better place and not ended up on hunting channels and shit. But I think them rebranding as just Impact hurt them more than people think, especially since they still had TNA all over everything at the same time.

They could probably make a jump to Paramount+ now, honestly. It'd fit well and people are caring about wrestling again. I just don't know anyone who actually has Paramount+.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They could probably make a jump to Paramount+ now, honestly. It'd fit well and people are caring about wrestling again. I just don't know anyone who actually has Paramount+.
big-show-who-me.gif

(mostly cause my girlfriend can't stop rewatching Survivor)

Valeyard

Reaction score
The people I know who deal with it at all just pirate episodes of Picard to hate-watch.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's less crappy than Peacock.

Impact Plus is a pretty damn good value FWIW and I plan on resubscribing and resuming my 2003 rewatch sooner than later.

2018 and on Impact Wrestling feels like a legacy band that's actually still pretty good but they burnt all but their most hardcore fans with lame, blatant sellout attempts. The Cheap Trick of pro wrestling.