Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Random TNA Bullshit Vol. 2

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Catching up on old Conrad podcasts and listening to The Kurt Angle Show on Bound for Glory 2013.

I can't believe Kurt Angle agreed with the idea of him turning down his Hall of Fame induction in ring at the PPV because he was embarrassed over all of his DUIs.

Last edited:

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Man fuck TNA for wanting their talent to be there on time.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
On a recent episode of The Kurt Angle Show, Kurt said that Brock Lesnar called him in the mid-late '00s to ask how he liked working in TNA and how much he was making. Kurt said he was enjoying it and told him his salary and then Brock said he's work for TNA for that much and asked Kurt to reach out to Dixie. And TNA said "No thanks. We don't want that much for him." RE: Brock.

On one hand, we missed out on Brock Vs prime Samoa Joe and prime AJ Styles but on the other, it's probably just as well we didn't see Brock Lesnar putting over Jeff Jarrett.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Is it

Russo's "I just anyone say whatever they want bro so we went there" story
Piper's "Fuck that son of an unnamed goat I went into business for myself" story
The general "Oh shit Piper is on drugs and shooting" story
Or was ths a plan from the beginning to work the marks/boys?

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
That was the same era where THE BAND (Hall, Nash, Syxx) used the Wolfpac theme sans vocals. Bring me back the brief Corgan era where licensed music was used throughout. Spud coming out to Zero, Decay coming out to Manson, and a different Pumpkins song being used as a PPV theme. Hell, we may never seen Courtney Love being used in an entrance theme ever again in wrestling (Sad!).

Valeyard

Reaction score
That was one of those things no one brings up when it comes to bad booking. That title run was still super fresh despite AJ having it for so long, and you had Flair rubbing off on him. Pope was the hottest act in the company and everyone wanted him to be the guy to knock AJ off. They were getting to a great place.

Scale-wise you could argue this caused more damage than Monty Brown. Maybe Raven.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hogan and Bischoff being into RVD made RVD exponentially less cool. Him and Booker are the two guys that immediately come to my mind when I think of disappointing TNA runs.

Valeyard

Reaction score
RVD could've worked if he'd come in as the biggest star the X Division had ever seen. Better matches and his own universe. Then after a while get him into the mix, or give him the belt, or whatever.

I wish Booker had given a shit.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
People always misremember Booker being washed when he came into TNA but he was just a year removed from his last World Title run (and direct off a Triple H burial). He could have been a good contributor but for whatever reason, he just instantly dgaf. Sad!

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'm sure he's ok. He was on Impact TV a decade ago and I'm sure keeps in contact with others. I don't think this is a Joe Torres/Hey Dude situation.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Listened to more of the Kid Kash interview on The Chris Van Vliet Show before football. It kind of bummed me out to hear that he HATED his first stint in TNA and in particular seemed to have no respect for America’s Most Wanted (Strange Wrestling Feuds IRL thread crosspost).

He said his biggest complaint about modern wrestling was too many women’s wrestling matches so maybe he is just as good of a heel IRL.