Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Random TNA Bullshit Vol. 2

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk. That poem she wrote cause she was sad that her dad was outed as a racist was pretty pathetic. She is definitely the best of the Hogans but that doesn’t mean she is good necessarily.

Last edited:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
That one was assholes but the build was tremendous.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Without snarky comments, when would you say are the darkest Impact years? Has to be somewhere from the early to mid-2010s. That period right after when they kicked off of Spike was pretty blah and of course the Hogan/Bischoff era.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. Era between AJ and Sting leaving and Scott D’Amore and Anthem taking over is what I consider to be rock bottom. 2014 to 2018ish. There’s a few bright spots (Broken Hardys, Lashley and Drew learning to become main eventers) but boy was it sad to watch a semi respectable #2 promotion devolve into complete irrelevancy.

Valeyard

Reaction score
It was the change in production that got me. It just got SO dark and weird looking in a venue they had used for years, like they couldn't afford to turn the lights on. Instantly made everything feel so bush league and that made Joe, Daniels, Styles, etc leaving much much worse.

Broken Hardys were kind of the Eddie Murphy and Tim Kazurinsky of TNA then.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Moving from Spike (which wasn’t exactly ‘90s NBC to begin with) to Destination America to Pop TV to Pursuit was just a series of blows to the solar plexus. Each network was comically worse than the last.

It was hilarious how Destination America went from being all in on Impact to wanting to test out ROH to see if that was a better fit to wanting absolutely nothing with wrestling in a nine month or so span.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Without snarky comments, when would you say are the darkest Impact years? Has to be somewhere from the early to mid-2010s. That period right after when they kicked off of Spike was pretty blah and of course the Hogan/Bischoff era.
Fitting timing. This week's My World is on Impact’s (and maybe Jeff Jarrett's personal) rock bottom. I know the taping schedule is figured out months in advance but still kind of surprised that this is the episode they choose to go for Jeff's return after his dad dies.

Counterpoint: I guess even reliving 2017 TNA doesn't seem as painful after grieving the loss of your father!

Last edited:

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I sometimes forget but am always delighted to find the impact channel on The Roku Channel’s Live TV. TNA in 60 Monty Brown is on now. Just watched him vs Elix Skipper in a Detroit Street Fight, Sabu is up now in an Extreme Rules Match and then Abyss.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Hey the Bobby Roode vs Eric The Midget calls were great radio for that era. Sold me on all ppvs.

Hogan probably talked at length about his daughter, Bubba the Love Sponge, money, and maybe a TNA shoutout. Excluding a call where Eric tried to squeeze tickets out of him and tell him to hire Lizzy Valentine and April Hunter. I miss that little guy.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I'm predicting she'll be back in a couple months, too.