Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Random TNA Bullshit Vol. 2

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I still wouldn't fuck with him.
That’s what I was trying to say. Fact that he is naked and drunk makes him scarier. No one wants to fight a naked guy. A naked guy who is legitimately badass is nightmare fuel.

For more about this, check out the movie A History of Violence from your local library.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
WWE seemed to wind up with all their refs except Slick Johnson, which is too bad because I really liked Slick.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Too many bad memories from nWo 2000 for me to ever enjoy seeing Slick Mark Johnson.

Not that there weren't guys I liked in nWo 2000 but if your career PEAKED with nWo 2000, I'm not going to enjoy your work. Lookin' st you, Harris Twins.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What are the chances Hulkster thought EC3 was a money mark? I say it’s 50/50.

“You were related to Dixie Carter in kizzayfabe, brother? From Designing Women? Anyway you want a picture, dude?”

Looking at Wikipedia, their TNA runs just barely overlapped. First EC3 vignette aired on the 9-26-2013 episode of Impact and Hulk Hogan left Impact Wrestling (with Dixie grabbing his leg and crying behind him IIRC) on the next week’s episode.

HEY!

That would mean today is the 10th anniversary of the start of the worst era in TNA Wrestling history, @Valeyard !

Valeyard

Reaction score
That era had a great women's division, at least.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There weren’t any Eric Young or Magnus level flops in the Knockouts division but there were definitely a handful of forgettable champs in the mid 2010s.

I honestly didn’t know Brooke Tessmacher and Maria Kanellis-Bennett had Knockouts title runs.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Brooke got decent and Maria just ruled her whole run. Era had Rosemary and Laurel Van Ness with the great character work as well plus all things Allie.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Something Eagles or "My Sharona."

Valeyard

Reaction score
All I said was it would've been good because Foley would kill himself to make Hogan look like less of a cripple. They always would've clicked really well, though.

It's funny, if Hogan wasn't caught being a racist fuck he probably would've been in AEW at least once by now.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Red was like, my GUY when I watched that early TNA at the time. Why did he never get a shot in the big leagues? Injuries? Was he a dick?

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Red was like, my GUY when I watched that early TNA at the time. Why did he never get a shot in the big leagues? Injuries? Was he a dick?
Just when he was really starting to get nuclear over in TNA? He did a tour of Japan and fucked up his knee. He was never the same after that, noticeably slower.

And I've heard some real shitty things about him insofar as how he runs HOG.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
He gained his following in an era where WWE weren't touching guys his size. If he came around a decade later when NXT was getting hot then he would have fared better. The high flyers now all cite him as an influencer so he made his mark.

Valeyard

Reaction score
And the very important detail of him having the promo skills of a glass of milk.

Valeyard

Reaction score
That's still so shocking. Okada doing nothing more than being a limo driver, Tanahashi working Xplosion, Russo using the IWGP tag titles as a prop. Awful.