Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Shameless and other Showtime Shows

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Shameless was awesome last night.
Sheila actually going outside! Frank's death. Ian and Kash finally comes to light.

Sheila is quickly becoming a favorite character as well, especially the struggle of her phobia(s).

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The finale of Episodes was the best work Matt LeBlanc has ever done.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Anyone see the Doc "The Amazing Whites of West Virginia" later that night on Showtime? Felt like the REAL Shameless, but set in West Virginia...daaaaayum.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Episodes had a great finale. Sean's speech to Bev, interjected by Matt's... "wow. I'm usually more like fuck you - no fuck you," followed by the (obvious) pick-up of the show was a great way to end it.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I died at Matt Leblanc's happiness at the end of that episode. It was a great TV moment despite the ending premise being predictable from the word go.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Yeah, the ending was predictable, but the show was all about the trek to get to that ending, and they did a great job of it. Matt LeBlanc, who is usually someone that people aren't a fan of (although I've liked him since his stint on Married...with Children and his spin-off) has a lot of those same people loving him here. They did a great job with him here. The show was pure gold.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ian's bully that keeps robbing the store, that is one ugly dude. I've seen ugly, but wow, this dude could make a blind man cry.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
after many teases over the years on Rescue Me tonight on Californication we got to see Callie Thorne's tits :thumbsup:

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BlackFlagg said:
after many teases over the years on Rescue Me tonight on Californication we got to see Callie Thorne's tits :thumbsup:

Which is kinda funny because I've felt for awhile that Hank Moody and Tommy Gavin are essentially playing the same character, except for one, I can actually believe being such a constant womanizer. The other is doing it because he's the EP of the show.

The scene with Runkle and the real estate agent? This show always manages to create new twists on sex scenes and I can only imagine what awful things Eddie Nero did with Sasha.

Shameless was also, as usual, great. Ian's puppy dog affection for Mickey is somewhat adorable after being the dominant one in his relationship with Kash. I also hope we find out about the obviously devious things Carl did at the paintball party. I guess Steve and Fiona couldn't just be a normal couple. Why must all the boyfriends in this show have hidden secret pasts? I doubt Fiona will be as accepting as Veronica was.

Lip was also great as he has started to realized his wasted potential and hopefully, he finally does whats best for him.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I just finished season 2 of Californication. I keep sticking with it hoping it'll get good, but it just stays ok and barely worth watching.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Bear Hugger213 said:
"You're hot and it's been a long time since I've been with a guy let alone 2." Shameless is great.

Yeah. Also thumbs up to seeing Laura Wiggin's breasts again and I really like the actor who plays Lip. He's developing into a pretty well rounded character.

I like the puppy love from Ian but really not a fan of the whole protagonist/antagonist initially fight and then suddenly get together for sex storyline. I just hate that storyline in general and this seemed... abrupt.

I enjoyed seeing Kevin and the "father" aspect of him come out in relation to Ethel's character.

Also so over Steven/Fiona already. It hasn't really moved forward and this eventual blowup/confrontation isn't making me eager to see it. Part of it is that I've found Fiona's character to be pretty unlikeable as a whole.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Emmy Rossum just announced via her Facebook (which is linked to her Twitter) that Shameless was picked up for a second season.

It's official! It was just announced @SHO_Shameless is picked up for a 2nd season! Pinch me! I love my #shameless family. I am so blessed.

And Episodes has been picked up as well.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Really disliked the Roberta character, and not in a "this character is a jerk plot wise" way.

Enjoyed seeing Lip and Ian interact a bit more. They have a good chemistry but don't get many scenes together.

Karen's "history" speech was hilarious.

And wow at the bombshell of Ian not being Frank's son.

! at Sheila's anger being so much she left the house. Hurray for her!!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Last night was fantastic. I was cheering when Sheila walked out of the house. That was a great and sweet moment. I'm really interested to see the Steve story unfold over the last could of episodes.

I agree with Roberta/Bob being a horrible character. There was nothing good about her. All she did was try to start fights and kidnapped Liam (I like that his name is Liam Gallagher).

Lip finally standing up and lashing out was long overdue.

The Purity Ball was some great stuff, and I also loved Karen's speech.

NoCalMike

Reaction score
Yeah maybe Fionna's character has just resigned to enjoying be spoiled by someone for a change, because a few episodes ago it seemed like she had big concerns and reservations over the fact that she knows hardly anything about Steve and his background, but then all of the sudden it seemed like she stopped caring altogether.

Looks like she is about to learn more though according to future scenes.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I'm going to really miss this show after the season finale next week. This week was fucking fantastic. If only every show on TV cold take a page from this show and not suck. Every episode has been better than the last. The only other show that I saw that in recently was Terriers.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy Shit indeed.

Angry Karen! Ian and Lip arrested (by Tony in part!) and Steve has both left and essentially fucked the boys over.

Also Amy Smart! Hurray at finally seeing her. And Frank nail gunning his hand + racy as hell final scene.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This was an awesome episode.

Karen is HOT!!!

I'm wondering where the hell Sheila ran off to though. What? She braves up to go outside last week and suddenly she's out being a social butterfly? Where the hell did Liam go? And Veronica? The episode was only 45 minutes long and they could have had another 10 minutes of plot in there.

For shame.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah that's the best part about this show is it really leaves you wanting more. Fantastic mix of comedy and drama in it. I wouldn't trade it for anything else on TV. It just might literally be the only reason I bother having cable until Mad Men and Breaking Bad come back.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The series finale to Californication was very well done. It wrapped all the stories very nicely and gave nice nods to the previous seasons (including the closing song) and more importantly, went out on a positive note for everyone involved that was probably the right one given all the chaos Hank Moody caused and went through.

jimmy no nose

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They actually got picked up for a fifth season that will start filming soon, so that wasn't a series finale. I'm assuming they didn't know for sure when they made that episode and wanted to leave it somewhere that they'd be comfortable going out.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
jimmy no nose said:
They actually got picked up for a fifth season that will start filming soon, so that wasn't a series finale. I'm assuming they didn't know for sure when they made that episode and wanted to leave it somewhere that they'd be comfortable going out.

Oh? It really felt like a series finale and I guess Wiki was wrong when I looked it up earlier (it has since been edited) Now, I'm not sure how I feel about this episode because it really tied the show up pretty nicely. I'm really not sure how much more they can really do with the show. Although, I am sure that it'll still be a enjoyable show especially if Carla Gugino sticks around.

NoCalMike

Reaction score
Shameless has been so successful in making everyone in the show such a compelling character, that you literally feel neglected if everyone's storyline is not focused on during every episode. Bravo!!!

Not sure what to make of Amy Smart's character yet. She just kind of came into Fionna's life like a tornado the past few episodes. Seems like there is some building sexual tension there as well, possibly brewing, at least coming from Amy Smart's end.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Amy Smart is gonna get her fucked up and Smart and her creepy hubby gonna do some wild shit to her.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I'm watching the finale of Shameless right now. My jaw just dropped when
Karen's dad killed himself.
There is no way this show shouldn't win every Emmy (not Rossum, although she should win one) possible.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad Lip/Karen made up 'cause I'm a sucker for their relationship.

Gotta echo NoCalMike's remarks about all the characters and I like that they made mention (and showed) Sheila actually being outside and progressing some although I gotta wonder how
Karen's dad killing himself
affects her progress and Karen's mind set.

I'm also curious where they go with the budding Amy Smart attracted to Fiona plot. Seems like they were setting up potential seeds for Amy/Fiona with Veronica being on the outside.