Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Sports Broadcasting/Anchors/Media Thread

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Will NESN broadcasts not be available then on MLB.tv? I'm interested at the initial price point because that would still be more money than MLB.tv for the whole Red Sox season, although I'm sure local fans don't really care about that and its less than a cable bill.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jim Nantz will no longer call the NCAA tournament for CBS. He will be replaced by Ian Eagle.

Nantz had been calling the tournament since 1986.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Big deal for all the poor sports fans who’ve been stuck with trash ass Ballys for their regional sports programming.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Any chance they could get bought out by (recklessly speculating here) someone who didn't bankroll the Capitol insurrectionists?

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
apple might be interested. Let us know if that works for you brother

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score

Big deal for all the poor sports fans who’ve been stuck with trash ass Ballys for their regional sports programming.
14 MLB teams could lose their TV outlets.

MLB Extra Innings will still black out those games.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Maybe I don’t pay that close attention but he called a decent chunk of Bills games this year and I don’t think he was demonstrably worse than prior years.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tom Brady announced he will not start his job with FOX until fall of 2024 and elected to take a “gap year”.

Maybe he wants to backpack thru Europe to find himself.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score

@BruiserBrody triumphantly smacking his broom in the warehouse as we speak.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Since he was on tv last night at the Soup I looked up Chris Berman and was legit shocked that he's only 67. He's been a household name for nearly 45 years. Had no idea he was that young when he started at ESPN.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
So, Charly Arnoldt quit ESPN Because of Reasons™, and her new job(s) involves her working for UFC, which is partnered with... ESPN.

Also, Charly used to do a podcast with Kimberly A. Martin and Elle Duncan and, while I can't imagine that either one of them were surprised, per se, I can't help but wonder what their reaction was to Charly going over to the "dark side"?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score

Staff member
Reaction score
Doc Rivers was good when ABC first got The Package. Bring him back

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
In online sports media news, Rotoworld which got bought by NBC a few years ago completely just blew away their extensive online sports forums. They did a massive main site overhaul this week, for the worse. They no longer had a link for the forums. Then friday they just pulled the plug on the forums completely. Damn shame.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
In online sports media news, Rotoworld which got bought by NBC a few years ago completely just blew away their extensive online sports forums. They did a massive main site overhaul this week, for the worse. They no longer had a link for the forums. Then friday they just pulled the plug on the forums completely. Damn shame.
The overhaul of the main site is awful especially in just trying to toggle between say NBA to MLB to NFL for the player news.