Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Sports Broadcasting/Anchors/Media Thread

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
NBC is the worst. That site overhaul made it impossible for people to use the main site for player news and updates.

The loss of the forums there is a pretty big hit. The football forum was borderline useless but good for a laugh at all the arguments. They had a thread over 50 pages just devoted to arguing about 49ers RB Jordan Mason this past season. The MLB and MILB forums were actual gold. Generally pretty good player analysis from the majority of the members.

I woke up this morning and found myself in the Discord server the forum guys had setup a year ago. Looks awful, but better than nothing for now.

Last edited:

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score

"The CW will broadcast for the ACC 13 football games, 28 men’s basketball games, and nine women’s basketball games."

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Alex Rodriguez signed an extension with FOX and will be leaving ESPN at the end of this season.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Does anyone like Karl Ravech as a baseball announcer? Anyone? To me he's just as bland and emotionless as Joe Buck. He's awful.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone like Karl Ravech as a baseball announcer? Anyone? To me he's just as bland and emotionless as Joe Buck. He's awful.
I don't care much for him but I've always found him kind of just there as an announcer. I've always felt he was better behind the desk during stuff like Baseball Tonight where he can kind of lead and let the others around him showcase the passion/emotion (think James Brown on the FOX NFL pre-show).

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lol Tiki Barber just walked out of an interview with Joe Benigno on WFAN!

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This keeps getting funnier. The youtube channel for the show that Chris Broussard is on uploaded the clip under this title lmao. Timestamp for when shit goes down is 3:05

Last edited:

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Longtime NFL reporter/analyst Peter King has announced his retirement. I remember reading his stuff in SI when I was a kid.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Deadspin has been sold and the current staff remaining have been told they are no longer needed.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember wanting to work at Deadspin back in the day (I do know someone who was writing for them recently). I know some of the OGs created their own thing, Defector, but it just doesn't hit the same.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe it's the design of the home uniforms but whenever I watch the Boston Bruins on ABC Hockey Saturday, the "bird's eye view" literally makes their uniforms look like everything is in black and white but the closeups reveal standard colors... Dunno if it's something to do with the yellow level or what but it's the weirdest thing. Made more bizarre that the center ice logo, etc. all look normal.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Looks like John Sterling is retiring as Yankees radio announcer. Press conference scheduled Friday

Official. He's announced his retirement

Last edited: