Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Supreme Court WTF Thread

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not that anyone on the conservative side will care, but this was a tough blow to the states rights sheep today......although I'm sure it won't matter when they overturn Roe v. Wade for states rights later this month.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
super busy day for SCOTUS.

just as the senate actually makes progress on some gun laws the scotus tosses this shit in their laps

and they also ruled you can't sue cops who don't mirandize you even if the evidence is used against you at trial.

Yes the rulings were all 6-3. How did you know?
As if that wasn't enough:

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We have Maple Syrup ready for all refugees.
What are the "good" parts of Canada? Like, I only know that Toronto would be a good city to relocate to. I realize this has me come off as a stupid American, but I don't want to move to a liberal city but it be within a conservative province because well, I could just stay in Houston.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Vancouver if you can afford it, which you can't. The weather in Lower Mainland BC is becoming similar to California thanks to based climate change. It's always been very moderate in the weather but now the summers are extra hot and the winters are (usually) almost nonexistent. Who cares about a little catastrophic flooding?

Alberta is Texas, great individual cities but surrounded by scum. So that's a no.

Saskatchewan and Manitoba are boring prairie lands. There's a reason Brock Lesnar relocated there.

Ontario is cool depending on the area. Quebec hates anyone that isn't French but is a great place to visit.

The Maritimes (Newfoundland, PEI, Nova Scotia) are all beautiful and the population is small enough you can avoid bullshit generally no matter the politics. I have a couple friends in Newfoundland and they love it.

The territories are Alaska but even less developed.
--

There's a lot of good places here but it all depends on what you want and what you can afford. The housing market is fucking insane. We of course have a lot of problems too. Racism, homelessness, inflation, etc. Living next to America though generally gives people the feeling that we're doing a lot better. I don't know if that is a good thing always.

Staff member
Reaction score
Tbh I want California to break free from the rest of you guys asap and all my future voting decisions will be made with the intention of achieving that. The US has no future and our values are incompatible with this country.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Tbh I want California to break free from the rest of you guys asap and all my future voting decisions will be made with the intention of achieving that. The US has no future and our values are incompatible with this country.
Keep this in mind the next time half your state is on fire

Staff member
Reaction score
Keep this in mind the next time half your state is on fire
Lol you mean like Trump was in office and didn’t send any aid? We give and give to the rest of the states but had to beg for our money back. Maybe we just shouldn’t give it at all and forge alliances with countries that we share values with?

Staff member
Reaction score
Or maybe the fires will be more compassionate if California is in the USA. I dunno but I don’t see people out here standing for 40 years of unelected judicial rule where our rights are repeatedly undermined while massive amounts of money are siphoned from our economy to send to Alabama and Kentucky. There is no way a supposedly democratic country can be sustained against those kinds of attacks. The parts of the country that disagree the most will be the first that look to bail. It’s going to snowball from here. They want to take away condoms next lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Laz

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What are the areas most akin to Northeast/PNW sensibilities?
I don't know about the Northeast but BC and the rest of the PNW are akin enough that there's always a small group of people that want BC/Oregon/Washington/etc to break off as their own thing. @Slayer moved to washington state just across the border the other year so he's pretty close to my area in the grand scheme.

I'm gonna move to Abbotsford, myself.
We do have sidewalks!