Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Biden Presidency Vol. 3 and 4: Democracy’s Last Stand?

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
FWIW, I didn't even have a solid grasp on how politically illiterate most people were until moving down south. Republicans in the northeast are an entirely different breed than down here, as in they actually focus on issues more and not just partisan rhetoric. Which isn't to say that partisan rhetoric isn't the main course, just that actively discussing policy is more likely to occur.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Am I the only person who finds the way axois writes their articles really obnoxious? WHY! WHAT! ZOOM OUT! REALITY CHECK! THE BOTTOM LINE! It's like a writing template for morons.

Not a criticism of sharing the article btw, just an observation of that site I've been sitting on for awhile.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
we're early still but joe is doing fine so far. Hammering hard on abortion.

I probably jinxed it and he's going to stroke out like Mitch now

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still believe Biden has mentally slipped a lot but to go up ther for 90 minutes and do this speech without any real fuckups and spar with the hecklers like he has repeatedly is a lot more impressive than I expected. That's of course because the bar has been set so low. Someone on another place pointed out that the GOP (and the media) keeps driving expectations down so much for Joe that he is going to keep exceeding them.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score

"He said the bill’s passage would allow for the hiring of more air traffic controllers and rail safety inspectors, give federal firefighters a raise and boost support for homeless veterans, among other things."

"Democrats staved off most of the policy riders that Republicans sought to include in the package. For example, they beat back an effort to block new rules that expand access to the abortion pill mifepristone. They were also able to fully fund a nutrition program for low-income women, infants and children, providing about $7 billion for what is known as the WIC program. That’s a $1 billion increase from the previous year.

Republicans were able to achieve some policy wins, however. One provision will prevent the sale of oil in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to China. Another policy mandate prohibits the Justice Department from investigating parents who exercise free speech at local school board meetings."

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lol Trump couldn't even debate his fan club in the primaries a few months ago