Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Metal Thread - Version 2

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought some of would get a kick out of this...

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
FbfOYgWXEAAw3YP

18 years old today. Still their best album IMO

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score

Laz

Reaction score
RIP. I was only a Soilwork fan for a brief moment before I left melodeath aside for brutal shit, but they were one of the more consistent bands in quality.

Laz

Reaction score
In more positive news, I have been rocking this and oh my gods it's giving me that feeling of when I was 13 and just diving in beyond the major bands again.

Laz

Reaction score
For the single most consistent vocalist in death metal, a man known for brutal tunes and humor? He is the most wholesome musician around.

Laz

Reaction score
Finally got around to watching This is Gwar. I'm kinda bummed they didn't go a little deeper into my favorite string of their work, the Smoot years, beyond a few minutes of "Smoot helped right the ship and we played awesome metal and then he died," but the stuff about the band's formation as a quick joke by Death Piggy, and the ensuing overt jealousy and (often justified) anger by Hunter Jackson, was something else.

Yeah. Of course I choked up when they showed footage from the viking funeral for the Oderus costume at Brockie's memorial service. I was there. A sea of ugly, angry, and weird punks, metalheads, and all other kinds of alt nutjobs crying out at once over the loss of their court jester. It hurt, and it felt good that it hurt.

Hail Oderus. Hail Flattus.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I always thought White Zombie broke up too soon to have a downfall. Their last album was their most successful!

Laz

Reaction score
Without watching it, I can already tell you the gist:
-Rob utilized a tighter creative control between La Sexorcisto and Astro-Creep (and to great results), most notably a greater industrial influence
-The growing disdain between Rob and Sean after their break up became too much
-Rob wanted timed for a "solo project," the band agreed because they wanted time away from him
-J wanted to play something between the early noise rock sound and La Sexorcisto anyway

How close am I, @Fall of Epic ?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
- Rob said in an interview that when they were recording Astro Creep, all four members weren't together in the studio at any point. They all had separate tour buses and dressing rooms.
- Sean revealed that Rob wanted WZ to go "more techno" and that he was really controlling.
- Rob thought Sean and Jay wanted to be taken seriously as musicians and he wasn't having any of it.

Laz

Reaction score
You could be cranking Seizure right now and playing some vicious murderhobo D&D, but instead you're on this board being a loser.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
Autopsy have a new one out. Along with Immolation, they still got it. Also, Obituary put out a new song, and it's about what you'd expect