Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Metal Thread - Version 2

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score

I love this band. The gimmick (Kaiju themed Death Thrash) is great, but best off all their music is right up my ally.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
They're also very active with a meme page dedicated to them, and that makes them that much cooler.

EDIT: Those fucking lead breaks in that song are perfect. Like, spot on, exactly what they needed to be, worked flawlessly with the music kind of perfect.

Last edited:

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
5zAa3EzniFRTrViVFnk564-1200-80.jpeg.webp

I wonder why @Lazgistics Supervisor didn’t tell us about he took a second job, helping run a bar and grill.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
New song from the Black Dahlia Murder, "Aftermath," is out. This is the first single off the first album with Brian as the lead vocalist after Trevor's passing a few years back.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Vocals are better than I expected. Sounds a lot like Trevor, but can't hit the high shrieks as well. But, he sounds good, and this is a solid BDM song. Pumped for the new album. There was a slight dip for me after Everblack, but they really are a consistently good band. Just, that the Miasma to Everblack five album run was great.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm way out of the loop with modern metal, but this band Kaatayra is blowing my mind lately. Brazilian atmospheric progressive avant garde Black Metal. The instrumentation is like nothing I've heard before. They mix traditional Brazilian soundscapes with Black Metal. There's a lot of post metal vibes here as well.

Their older stuff is more traditional black metal and sounds like Blackgaze, but this album really took me on a ride.

Last edited:

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
That's very interesting. I'd like it better without the actual black metal, as the traditional instrumentation is some Grade-A horror soundtrack stuff.

Gary

Reaction score

New Opeth and THE GROWLING VOCALS ARE BACK! Their new album, "The Last Will and Testament" comes out October, and features Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
New song from the Black Dahlia Murder, "Aftermath," is out. This is the first single off the first album with Brian as the lead vocalist after Trevor's passing a few years back.

Second song is out

Sounds like they are going to be doing quite well post Trevor, but I still miss the punch of Trevor's vocals and his shrieks. I'm excited for this album.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Did a deep dive over the past week of Megadeth's comeback records starting with The System Has Failed.

System Has Failed - this one is actually pretty good despite it being a Dave Mustaine solo record as he wrote and recorded everything himself before slapping together a lineup for touring. Of Mice & Men and Kick the Chair are highlights.

United Abominations - pretty good follow up. The Tout La Moude sequel wasn't necessary but most of the other tracks are good.

Endgame - pretty decent

Thirteen - Dud

Super Collider - DUD (might be their worst record overall next to Risk)

Dystopia - pretty good in erasing the stink of SC even though it still as Dave's political wankery.

Sick, Dying, Dead - I really like the riffs and this is the best Dave's sounded in years.

Last edited:

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score

Man, I knew Zakk Wylde was a hack who rode Ozzy's coattails but didn't know he was the "blatantly rip off Pearl Jam" type hack.

Gary

Reaction score

Twenty years old tomorrow.

Also, the first Atheist album (“Piece of Time”) turns 35 today. Two years later they released “Unquestionable Presence” and two years after that “Elements”. Both on the same day

Last edited: