Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

This Day in Pro Wrestling History

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Did it ever get explained how, of all the names, Heyman landed on Barely Legal? I'm hoping it was to trick horny people into ordering a wrestling show but I dunno.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Why did they have to word it so Hustler though?

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
30 years ago today on Raw the Kid upsets Razor and Marty returns to beat .Shawn for the ic title
A - Gawd damn am I old.
B- Solid example of the less is more booking pattern. This was a landmark RAW that people recall 30 years later vividly. Meanwhile, Russo's RAW's with 23 angles a week numbed us to most things minus the best (Que Best of Austin clip) and the worst of the wrestlecrap.

Disturbed people like myself could probably provide a list of big Raw moments from 93-96 without a whole lot of problems. Then again none of that drew shit, so I think I just talked myself out of my own argument.
--
I used to be able to name the complete history of the title holders for WWWF/WWF w/ dates from the 60s to 97, but I'm pretty sure I've been away from the PWI Almanacs long enough that this info has been deleted. Adding so much territorial stuff to the database didn't help the brain blowout.

JN News

Pizzamaniac
Reaction score
24 years ago today, the entire wrestling world was rocked to it's very core when Owen Hart was tragically killed in a stunt accident at the WWF PPV, Over the Edge 1999.

RIP: Owen Hart (1964-1999)

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
24 years ago today, the entire wrestling world was rocked to it's very core when Owen Hart was tragically killed in a stunt accident at the WWF PPV, Over the Edge 1999.

RIP: Owen Hart (1964-1999)
Which means it has been 24 years since NBC aired the Jesse Ventura Story tv move.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

WTF... 1 week before they are to team, Savage attacks Piper after listening to Hogan mock him over ATM Eric being given Liz as his sex pet?

Then at the PPV Savage and Piper team.... lose via Savage submitting....then Savage wrestles Piper right after and submits again.

Awesome booking.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Beating the deadest of dead horses here, but why wouldn't the 50 guys in the locker room rush out and beat their ass?

Even if it is the end of the show, there's at least some guys still showering and dressing who should be ready to kill these WWF fucks who are coming in declaring "war".

How many times did they actually book WCW as a united front? Like one outdoor Nitro where the Faces of Fear and others were patrolling the audience?

By late August/Sept at least the NWO had Hogan and the Giant and baseball bats to seem like a stronger force.
--

I'm still a little disappointed the Faces of Fear never got a WCW tag title run due to the Outsiders. Them killing fools on TV for the 2nd half of 96 was fun.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I swear I remember Savage jobbing like that at Bash 98 was some form of punishment from Bischoff. Power play from Hogan? Or just to write him off because his knee was totally gone?

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I swear I remember Savage jobbing like that at Bash 98 was some form of punishment from Bischoff. Power play from Hogan? Or just to write him off because his knee was totally gone?

Could be worse, the main event could be a singles match for the WCW tag titles…

Valeyard

Reaction score

Beating the deadest of dead horses here, but why wouldn't the 50 guys in the locker room rush out and beat their ass?

Even if it is the end of the show, there's at least some guys still showering and dressing who should be ready to kill these WWF fucks who are coming in declaring "war".

How many times did they actually book WCW as a united front? Like one outdoor Nitro where the Faces of Fear and others were patrolling the audience?

By late August/Sept at least the NWO had Hogan and the Giant and baseball bats to seem like a stronger force.
--

I'm still a little disappointed the Faces of Fear never got a WCW tag title run due to the Outsiders. Them killing fools on TV for the 2nd half of 96 was fun.
Considering the biggest stars were WWF fucks I get it.