Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling audio or podcasts

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I keep trying to listen to the Mack Mania podcast, and it's not working for me. Demographically, I feel like it should be relevant to my interests, but that shit do not be hittin'. I keep telling myself that I'm going to make time to listen to Black Announce Table, but I never get around to it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
I can't imagine paying $29 for a series of podcasts. Certainly not for Bischoff to shit on the current product, especially AEW. And I say that as someone who listens to each episode of 83 Weeks.
Wait, $29 over what sort of time frame? Because I pay $150 a year to get access to the premium content of my favorite podcast, and I feel like it's worth every dime, even with them slowing down the production of some of the premium content, lately, due to the main host getting hired to write for a TV show.

I wouldn't pay that for a wrasslin' podcast, though.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
I think it's time for me to cut bait on Cheap Heat. SGG has been bugging me for months, and I couldn't put my finger on why. Well, I was scrolling through his timeline last night, and he made a comment about being willing to sit the next two elections out and let the GOP take over, if Biden doesn't sign an EO to cancel all student debt. Somebody pushed back on him in the replies, and he said something to the effect of, "I'm Black. We're screwed either way." I leaned back in my chair and was like, "Oh... you're one of those Blacks!", and suddenly a bunch of his shitty wrestling takes made a lot more sense to me.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TIL PG-13's Wolfie D has a podcast.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
As tired as I am of Conrad; when one of his shows has the other guy hosting I don’t even download.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bischoff is taking week off of 1997 Nitro watch alongs to do a 2012 Impact watchalong.

Even I'm not very interested in this!

It doesn't how far removed the subject of the episode is, Bischoff will somehow find a way to trigger a 20 minute rant about how classless AEW is.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
@Birthday King Kamala I beg u again to come to Brody Manor and put a blocker on me downloading the Corny pods. The Drive Thru was hours more of Corny droning through RAW and whatever AEW TV he was going on about. Brian Last, who is getting paid for this and has a DVR, openly admitted he watched the Mets instead of RAW and asked Corny why he was bothering to review this shit show.
When they finally got around to questions, Last picked out:
1> Is there too much blood in AEW?
2> What does Jim think of this list of bad AEW booking decisions in 2022?
3> Can Jim rank the current AEW champions?
Pod ran 3 hours and 45 mins BTW.

Fuck me.

--
Regal's pod debuts...tomorrow?.... but its going to be about AEW. Meh.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Corny just isn’t any good talking about the current stuff. He just repeats himself every week, and he’s given people nicknames since the beginning, and in many cases I just don’t even know who he’s taking about. I don’t watch the product, but I can usually still piece together most of it. He also seems to get off on mispronouncing names in the cases where he hasn’t given a nickname.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m really starting to wonder if me and Conrad Thompson are the same person (minus a few million dollars and a Flair wife) since he had Paul Bromwell fill in on all of his podcasts last week (even Bruce who is only able to record a new episode once every two or three months at this point) EXCEPT to talk about TNA’s time on Fox Sports Net with Jeff Jarrett.

And it’s not like all of the topics were duds. Bischoff was covering ‘96-‘97 Macho Man and Bruce did Randy Orton’s first two years in WWE. But Conrad picked talking about ‘04 TNA with Daddy Jeff. Tremendous!

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s funny because I understand why Bischoff was defensive about Tony Khan’s comments, but his anti-AEW comments, especially in regards to long term story telling is really pathetic and tiring to hear.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
STWW is covering Hercules this week, @BruiserBrody .

I'm having a hard time imagining what you can talk about RE: Hercules for an hour plus. But I hope someone asks why he wore trunks that exposed a third to a half of his ass cheeks.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That does feel like an episode that would push for the worse download record.

Bruce at least can talk about Hercules Mid-South days from personal experience.

--

Peter Winson on Elizabeth being kissed by Flair at WM 8: "A woman hasn't looked that good in a bloody dress since Jackie Kennedy"

LULZ.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was listening to Jeff Jarrett's podcast while doing stuff around the house. Him and Conrad are hyping up the My World with Jeff Jarrett action figure set that the Major Brothers are putting out and I thought "That might be a fun dumb thing to have around my home office." IT WAS $75! Action figure collecting is stupid.

Also I hate to hammer home the point of the AFS Family doing endless topic repeats but it's gotten to a ridiculous point. Like, OK, I can get two shows on Royal Rumble '01 or something but even *I* can't see the point of Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle both offering their perspectives on TNA Sacrifice 2007 in the same week.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Is Conrad ever doing Kurt’s show again? I dropped out after the other guy seemed to be doing them all.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Downloaded JR's pod for only the 2nd time in 3 months as Wrestle War 92 hit a nostalgia spot.

It didn't take long to remember why I am over this show.

- We get an ad w/ Conrad talking about how his 70 year old partner has a raging boner from Blue Chew.
- We get the standard El Gigante story everything he is mentioned. "Great guy, not a natural, can't promo"
- Sean Waltman gets a 1992 dark match tryout in WCW. JR ignores the fact that this is 1992 and gives his Waltman programmed answer "Smart guy, great worker, drug issues"
- Bill Watts is coming in. Cue the "The boys thought I was his boy." Story.
- Gordy and Dr Death are signing. "Great athletes! 5 star recruits!" Same as always when Doc is on topic.

Conrad could of course make this better by helping JR along or even pushing back some "Why didn't Doc and Gordy get over?" "Waltman was still an indy guy JR, was his size perhaps an issue even with the Lt Hvy Division established?"

Conrad just reads the notes like he's Feinstein, and clocks out.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, it's hilariously obvious how much those two have checked out on the podcast since Conrad put most of his passion into the Double J podcast. It's obvious that the Double J show is the only one Conrad is really engaged in at this point, which is great and downright odd for a TNA and New Generation apologist like myself.

Tomorrow's My World is on nWo 2000! Kamala moan/everyone else groan.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
P. sure I posted about that in the WCW or KISS thread when it happened but it's a good interview.

@alkeiper will probably be pumped to know that a vintage interview with Bobby Davis is going to be on an upcoming episode of John Arezzi's podcast.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
You jest, but I think territory era wrestlers really had genuinely interesting careers. I'd rather hear about anyone who worked in the '60s rather than Eric Bischoff rehash the Monday Night Wars yet again.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
John Arezzi's podcast has had a couple of great interviews with pre national expansion era stars; a bunch of Bruno episodes (if you can get by his "modern wresting is terrible and Vince McMahon is a piece of slime" ramblings), Freddie Blassie, a few Buddy Rogers episodes (in fact, the Bobby Davis episode is covering the circa 1992 Arezzi radio show covering Buddy Rogers death).

And it's hilariously awkward to hear John Arezzi chide circa 1992 sports talk radio callers, calling to ask Bruno or Blassie about what the Ultimate Warrior or Andre the Giant are up to these days.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
You jest, but I think territory era wrestlers really had genuinely interesting careers. I'd rather hear about anyone who worked in the '60s rather than Eric Bischoff rehash the Monday Night Wars yet again.

This. Give me an old and/or obtuse guy who floated through history than the same rehashes over and over. Any of the names I watched regularly for most of my life seem to have almost all the stories told, so give someone like Duke Doherty a podcast and I'd be interested.