Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling audio or podcasts

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I eagerly anticipate listening half reading @BruiserBrody ’s recap of this.
Pretty burnt on all things Rock. I've seen like 5 of his movies in total and those would be most of his early attempts.

Pre-Attitude is sort of the starting point for things that I am not burnt out on.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He’s taking the Hulk Hogan route here and pretending he was going to do MMA in 97 because his career was tanking already.

That’s all I seen so far but I’m glad the lying torch got handed over from not just the orange man but his pops as well.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He’s taking the Hulk Hogan route here and pretending he was going to do MMA in 97 because his career was tanking already.

That’s all I seen so far but I’m glad the lying torch got handed over from not just the orange man but his pops as well.

Muscle bound football dork Rock in MMA.

If it is 2 hours of fibs, I'm more inclined to listen.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was in a rush to go outside and finish the Fall lawn clean up. I had earmarked that tweet as a talking point overnight.

Freaking Wisconsin is 60 degrees on Nov. 16. I support Climate Change. Time to buy more hair spray for the ozone and maybe start some tire fires.
I already posted that clip and tagged you in it, you inconsiderate goof!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
100% confident you aren't even in the first ten.

Rock in PRIDE doesn't sound stupid to me, really. Like I can see the football and WWF run being enough to get dates, but more importantly he's someone I could see getting Inoki's attention. This universe could've had Rock/Chono or Rock/Hashimoto selling out the dome because he would be charismatic enough to not let Cro Cop killing him matter.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Stick it in my veins!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I want to but I can't. Fact that the intro mentions Eric Bischoff getting heated turned me from "Well, maybe one more chance." to a "Hell no". There's few things I want to hear less in 2023 than heated, self defensive Bischoff.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Plus ATM Eric has covered that in passing 100 times before. Ditto trying to make a topic recently out of meeting Ted Turner.

The 95 SSeries Between the Sheets revealed to me today that 2 of the Japanese ladies pins were not supposed to happen and the ref counted 3 anyway. It screwed up the final spots planned.

Madusa should have held out 6 more months and then her bolt ons would have paid off finally after wrestling in full body suits for 2 years.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Listening to last week’s Jarrett podcast, and I’d kinda forgotten that for a period of time every finish to his match was Debra would get in the apron, pretty much say “well would you look at me?” The opponent would go “yeah. I’ll look at you, and hope there’s not a guy behind me with a guitar like in every other one of these matches.”

WWF always got credit over WCW when it came to better finishes, but holy shit they got repetitive.

And while I get that she was popular; I always just saw Debra as an old lady. Although after googling I see she was younger then than I am now… but that even seems tough to believe.

Also wish Jeff would take a break from making a harmless 0/10 joke, and immediately follow it up with “no. I’m joking.”

Valeyard

Reaction score
Debra was beautiful in WCW, but in the WWF I think she was just intended to be more about skanky than attractive. That sleazy waitress from the small town greasy spoon that gets a makeover and suddenly is like a new person. I think she was great, but she also like you said looked much older and I viewed from the "she's a hot older woman" lense.

Jarrett has never had a good finish to any match in his career. I don't think he's lost clean since 1998.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
images

Her five head was a bit distracting when trying to ogle her tits.

images

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

7 hours on 1985 with Beau James and Robert O Connor!! Pretty much a Xmas gift!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
“That’s really tragic, Kevin but what is really tragic is missing out on all of the concerts and events you want to go to. Well you won’t have to worry about that with the Gametime app.”

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
“That’s really tragic, Kevin but what is really tragic is missing out on all of the concerts and events you want to go to. Well you won’t have to worry about that with the Gametime app.”
Let's be honest. It's what Fritz would have wanted

Valeyard

Reaction score
Fritz would've had a fire podcast and it would've been canceled three shows in.

Valeyard

Reaction score
More casual homophobic comments and maybe some old fashioned Texas racism.

Wish we could hear Conrad playing clips of the Mike press conference with new Fritz takes, though.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I don't even know who that is, just that there's tons of WCW books and I don't want to hear any of those authors talk.