Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE in Spring of 2024: The Paul Levesque Era is here.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also don’t god damn ever say AEW roster is overstuffed because week in and week out, Orange Cassidy continues to be booked because he can’t have the decency to break his leg like everyone else in the company.

There’s room for a Dijak, he won’t move a needle for the company but the barking seals that is the AEW audience will be loud for him.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i hate the talking point that aew's roster is full. You need to take into account injuries. You have to account for the style AEW has. There are so many factors.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Heyman just turned babyface on Smackdown and got beat down by the .Bloodline.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Whenever Roman returns with Heyman in tow, they are gonna blow the fucking roof off whatever arena they’re in.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Whenever Roman returns with Heyman in tow, they are gonna blow the fucking roof off whatever arena they’re in.

I keep trying to think about that return. Although Roman has a distinctive theme, it so slow paced and designed for his entrance. Like when it hits will the Bloodline have to wait 7 minutes for him to get into the ring?

And good lord Kevin Owens what a crazy spot!

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Someone else online mentioned this, but it’s pretty cool that in the backstage segment when Solo lied about Jacob Fatu the last thing he said to Paul Heyman is “what good is a wise man if you don’t listen to him”?

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Don't be too surprised to find out that it's all a ruse to see Heyman turn heel on Reigns to make Heyman super heel and make Roman super face.
I don’t know…Willingly taking a Samoan spike, a splash from the top rope AND a powerbomb through a table all as a setup feels like a violation of the unwritten rules of professional wrestling booking. If someone is trying to pull such a ruse, normally they are “attacked” off camera, or if it’s an altercation on camera, it’s one move at most.

JN News

Pizzamaniac
Reaction score
Well, I kind of feel like something like that had happened before. But then again, that scenario might be too Russo-ish.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Heyman hasn't been booed in ten years, so I'm reluctant to consider him a heel. A scumbag and sleazy characer, yes, but dude's one of the biggest faces on every show.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
And was a huge part of why I never dug the nWo, but that's neither here nor there.

Heyman's just gonna make sure we have enough Samoans to fill out a Wargames this year and I'm ready.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
I don’t know…Willingly taking a Samoan spike, a splash from the top rope AND a powerbomb through a table all as a setup feels like a violation of the unwritten rules of professional wrestling booking. If someone is trying to pull such a ruse, normally they are “attacked” off camera, or if it’s an altercation on camera, it’s one move at most.
I've seen far too many crime shows and movies to not see the "pretend I'm the target so they'll never guess I'm the mastermind" trope as believable. Sticking to wrestling tropes is how we got Corny's abysmal ROH run, bringing in tropes from outside sources is how we got half of the awesomeness that made us all diehards 20+ years ago.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Eh, I think this is a (mostly) unfair take*

*did not watch MITB tonight.

I watched the show, and I think for the most part things went OK.
I don’t fully get Bronn Breaker getting beat by Sami. I don’t think Drew winning just to have it be a device for Punk to screw him over was necessary, but it leads to more longer term story telling so I could see why some people like it.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know about terrible but I think he is vastly ovverrated. Bron losing was awful. The Bloodline storyline has been going on for years and has absolutely no juice left in it to me. BRING IN MORE ISLANDERS! Is not interesting booking to me. Especially when the only one with talent is Jacob Fatu. Tanga Loa can't even do a low blow without fucking it up. Hikuleo is almost as bad and isn't on tv yet.

The women's stuff is mostly just background for Dom/Liv and when it isn't it's a gigantic botchfest. The Wyatt stuff is terrible. Priest has no aura as champ. There's a lot more.

If you can't book an interesting 5 match ppv then yes you aren't a very good booker.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
In defense of Sami going over Bron, this was cocky rookie Bron going up against a guy they've built as the best underdog in years. Sami getting the win over Gunther at WM was talked about throughout the entire match, and Bron was overtly not taking Sami seriously. That's been the story of Sami's whole career over the last 20 years, people not taking him seriously and then finding out why he should be.

This sets up Bron to snap and be a vicious monster. Don't be surprised if he murders Sami sometime in the next couple of weeks to set up a rematch at SummerSlam where he takes the belt.

I'm saying this as someone that is known to not be a WWE apologist, mark, fanboy, etc.