Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE in Spring of 2024: The Paul Levesque Era is here.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still say that name was actually pretty smart. It got people talking constantly about a throwaway C PPV more than any other name would have. IIRC it was searched more than any other non big 4 ppv had been in a long time.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s like the dork order fucked the house of black and the dungeon of doom came out.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I had no problem saying the shit Dork order sucked sorry Brodie died but the group fucking sucked and the fact we had to suffer thru it because it had to be a tribute act including his son was atrocious
I'm lowkey glad you posted this, because I was looking at your first post like, "What the fuck is a 'dork order'? Is he making a joke like the meme where you order something off Wish, and it's way different than the picture, and I just don't get the reference?"

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just watched it and it’s funny because I was on Reddit first and then read Cobains comment and he is 100 spot on.

At least with the Dark Order it was in the professional wrestling context and not a group causing at least brain damage to a dozen people.

The problem with any heel supernatural faction is at the end of the day is hard to believe the biggest (size wise) guys should be afraid of them.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just watched it and it’s funny because I was on Reddit first and then read Cobains comment and he is 100 spot on.

At least with the Dark Order it was in the professional wrestling context and not a group causing at least brain damage to a dozen people.

The problem with any heel supernatural faction is at the end of the day is hard to believe the biggest (size wise) guys should be afraid of them.
Right. Undertaker doesn’t work if you give the gimmick to a regular sized guy like Valentine. Which is why having a small dude like Bo isn’t gonna work and unlike Bray, he can’t talk.

Dexter is also still storyline married to Indi but she just doesn’t care her husband is in a cult murdering her coworkers and bosses?

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
The problem with a supernatural faction is you can pull yourself out of any corner you booked yourself into because "supernatural shenanigans" so you can't get invested in anything as a fan because you're just going to get the rug pulled out from under you.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Right. Undertaker doesn’t work if you give the gimmick to a regular sized guy like Valentine. Which is why having a small dude like Bo isn’t gonna work and unlike Bray, he can’t talk.

Dexter is also still storyline married to Indi but she just doesn’t care her husband is in a cult murdering her coworkers and bosses?
Greg “the Undertaker” Valentine was something I never knew I needed to see until now.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It is nice to know that IRL wrestling fans and the IWC can still be wildly at odds in terms of likes.

Although I guess we see the inverse of that in the AEW threads!

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
The Wyatt shit stopped hitting when Cena killed it ten years ago and little kids with metal voices were costing dudes cage matches. I don't know what this is intended to accomplish.
Exactly. Wyatt as a character was fun when he was a backwoods cult leader with great theme music. Everything afterwards didn't work for me

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
The fun part was that they clearly weren't supernatural, just fucked up swamp folk Husky Harris got to believe in weird shit. Less was so much more.

Bo is the Jim Belushi of wrestling.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Bo is the Jim Belushi of wrestling.
giphy.gif

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
The fun part was that they clearly weren't supernatural, just fucked up swamp folk Husky Harris got to believe in weird shit. Less was so much more..
One thing I feel gets forgotten is how good to great some of the matches from that period were. Wyatt Family vs The Shield is one of my favorite three way tag matches.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score

@Lazgistics Supervisor now doesn't have to just avoid Kazarian in TNA but in WWE too!
And I was just starting to get really into it! GOD DAMMIT.

The fun part was that they clearly weren't supernatural, just fucked up swamp folk Husky Harris got to believe in weird shit. Less was so much more.
100%. The creepy swamp cult was a thousand times better than the cartoon zombie squad, and I was even on board with some of the supernatural element.

Then Bray lost every match that mattered and I gave up entirely.

muzzington

Donald Dump or whatever
Reaction score
Followed Joe Hendry's work for a while and his entrance on NXT got a real pop from me.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It appears WWE and the state of Indiana are connecting for a multi event deal that will include live events at Lucas Oil Stadium including the upcoming Royal Rumble in FEBRUARY (calm down, @King Kamala, I know how you get your sugars up about new things happening to old things) as well as future Mania and Slam events.