Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE in Spring of 2024: The Paul Levesque Era is here.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
WWE definitely tried to recreate Austin 3:16 with Becky Lynch’s “The Man” shirt. That was popular when it debuted, but I don’t think it had staying power.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I mentioned Bullet Club for the fact that so many designers both in and out of wrestling ripped the design off.

Staff member
Reaction score
Almost like when his best buddy was complaining about how Ricochet was being booked, it was because Ricochet told him he didn't like how he was being booked

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The tribal dorks on the internet (both tribes to be clear) have seemingly zero awareness that this is how the business always was. It was always meant to be fluid.

Historically talent who felt they weren’t getting the push they wanted, deserved or otherwise would finish up and go somewhere else. It took 22 years for a somewhere else worth a fuck to happen.

Get a bag and prove yourself, Rick. I look forward to his matches on Collision with Fenix.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Of course the tribal dorks don't "get" the business. One side cares about Dave's snowflakes too much and the other cares about production value and crossover appeal.

That all said...man, NXT is awesome.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Didn't Ricochet have the chance to leave during the early days of the pandemic? He chose to re-sign with the company though. I think that was when Heyman (his main supporter) was booking Raw.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
According to PWI, Gable is not fucking going anywhere.

And tonight is scheduled to be Ricochets farewell, can’t wait to see how Bron literally kills his character tonight.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bron and Ilja was a good piece of business and both look very strong. It was important that Bron didn’t just do another squash but showed he can fucking work and Ilja was a perfect foil for it.

Ricochet took a good ass whipping to send him off.

In other news, Cody has paid to have a ring made for SGW in Uganda.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Rey Mysterio memorial lawn dart spot was really well done. The bump into the trailer and the splat on the concrete both looked like they hurt like hell.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Rey Mysterio memorial lawn dart spot was really well done. The bump into the trailer and the splat on the concrete both looked like they hurt like hell.
i tried to figure out some symbolism to being thrown onto the giant smiling face of Jimmy Hart but didn’t land on anything.

Hogan in the corner of the trailer approving of it however amused me.

The windshield spot was a good example of when you should do that spot. Killing a character off and continuing the rocket push to the future mega star that Netflix wants to promote, that’s the time.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe a few of those primes and it’ll explode his tiny blackened criminal heart

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
WWE has filed a trademark for “Talla Tonga” presumably for the artist commonly known as Hikuleo.

A) great name to distinguish his primary feature, that is being the tallest one

B) it’s a play off his legitimate middle name of Taula.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Apparently Bryan Alvarez didn't know what it meant to be invited to the cookout and thought one was happening after NXT was over. I don't even watch NXT but I looked up the clips with Cody and personally marked out when the cookout line was said, exclaiming "most current thing on any WWE TV ever!"

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The internet claims the meme started in 2019 but that's way too recent. "The Cookout" movie was 2004 and I can remember jokes along these lines ages ago.