Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE in Spring of 2024: The Paul Levesque Era is here.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nick Khan decided that Minnesota wasn’t too cold to host SummerSlam in 2026 and even more notable is that as we all knew was inevitable, SummerSlam is now two nights.

Last edited:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Also worth noting that CM Punk isn't expected to appear at the Saudi event this weekend. It's easy to do while he's still injured. Jury is still out if he chooses to wrestle there once he's healed.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

Interesting stipulation. I think it was only in 2002 where they specifically said that the KOTR would get a world title shot at Summerslam (Angle in 2000 didn't earn his shot specifically from KOTR). Some more long term booking from the company.

Staff member
Reaction score
It's funny as fuck they have HHH come out there and hijack every wrestler's big moment. Totally normal behavior.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Honest to god question: is there really any reason to defend and support this stuff?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
The ending to the Liv/Becky match doesn't sit right with me: how you going to have the ending to a women's title match be decided after interference from a man that neither woman was feuding with? And what's the payoff? As Big Dust might ask, where is the money?

The rest of the card, I'm of the general opinion that the right people went over in each match.

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The ending to the Liv/Becky match doesn't sit right with me: how you going to have the ending to a women's title match be decided after interference from a man that neither woman was feuding with? And what's the payoff? As Big Dust might ask, where is the money?

The rest of the card, I'm of the general opinion that the right people went over in each match.
I don’t watch the shows but I thought Dom/Liz had been teasing shit since she injured Mami

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not watching or paying attention to WWE beyond this thread and occasional things I see on twitter and I know that Dom and Liv are being teased heavily and it's something most fans are huge into. The money is in Dom betraying Rhea for Liv. Seems incredibly obvious.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I'm not watching or paying attention to WWE beyond this thread and occasional things I see on twitter and I know that Dom and Liv are being teased heavily and it's something most fans are huge into.
Amusingly enough, I am probably more tapped into WWE than anyone left on the message board, but I don't follow anything WWE-related on social media, or any of the wrestlers, so that information is news to me.

The money is in Dom betraying Rhea for Liv. Seems incredibly obvious.
How long they gonna string that out? What's the timetable for Rhea's return?

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
According to the Torch, Becky Lynch will be taking a hiatus from WWE. Her contract expires this Saturday. And apparently she isn't going to AEW (at least now)

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They also had her mention it last night so they are definitely comfortable with her decision to take a hiatus.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is pretty gross (I don't think this has been posted yet):

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ethan Page has signed with WWE and appeared on NXT tonight and the announcer who isn’t Booker name dropped AEW when he came out to attack Trick.

Also, Jordynne Grace appeared as well to do a program with Roxanne Perez. Apparently this isn’t the only TNA/NXT crossover in the works.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No, she’s a modestly known name in the industry. I think even the most bubbled person here is tangentially aware that she existed

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It does feel like kind of a big get for WWE (and a really big get by NXT standards) in the sense that AEW probably would have loved to have.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It does feel like kind of a big get for WWE (and a really big get by NXT standards) in the sense that AEW probably would have loved to have.
They had Doja Cat do a video for them last year but I don’t believe she ever appeared on the show itself but that was a bigger get.

Red is also going to host the upcoming NXT show that will take place in the UFC HQ featuring an TNA champion. That feels normal.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man had two criterias

1) be with his wife
2) never ever job

So he’s been booked against Dom and Anderson and you’ve never seen two guys more happy to take a job for exchange of currency than those two.

That’s making your roster happy right there, great job Chief Hunter.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Anybody who thought Andrade would be treated better than he was in AEW upon his WWE return was straight up lying to their selves.

Staff member
Reaction score
Well why would they even bother, he’s completely unreliable. It’s ok not to push him.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anybody who thought Andrade would be treated better than he was in AEW upon his WWE return was straight up lying to their selves.
Well that’s abjectly wrong. He’s being treated better in WWE.

Being booked better is a different scenario altogether with this guy. Other talent who might become available will see that Andrade had specific concerns and they were met precisely to his specifications.

The money is a drop in the bucket here.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
11 years. I think it’s ok to do a ripoff but don’t waste it on someone who‘s going to lose.
tbf, Mark Henry lost a very nondescript SuperCena match after that angle.

And I think the fake retirement angle was really his last notable moment as an active wrestler.

AJ is obviously someone who legitimately does have quite a lot of gas left in the tank so it is kind of silly to do a fake retirement angle with him before his fifties.