Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

XPW is back to end cancel culture

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah the fact that he's still putting himself put there in his condition is insane. I understand everyone has bills to pay but no one should literally push themselves that far.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah the fact that he's still putting himself put there in his condition is insane. I understand everyone has bills to pay but no one should literally push themselves that far.
Vampiro has a history of telling absurd tall tales and stories of health woes similarly might not be on the up and up.

I'm not saying he's lying about having Alzheimer's persay but if Vampiro told me that the Pope is Catholic, I'd be very skeptical.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
While it wouldn't shock me he was full of shit why lie about something that would actively keep you from getting booked?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would make up an Alzheimer's diagnosis but if anyone would, it's Vampiro. I don't know if I would believe anything he says!

This is the promotion that booked Drake Younger Vs SHLAK though so I absolutely believe they'd have no moral qualms with booking a legit Alzheimer's patient though.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Vampiro should be fighting the Nazis not working under them.

I hope, and I don't wanna make it sound like I'm being insensitive however I know Vampiro, that he didn't suddenly get worse and worse the more he heard about Konnan's health getting worse and worse.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk if we have any neurological experts at CXF and I know there's a period where people can work and function in their day to day lives after an Alzheimer's diagnosis but wasn't Vampiro diagnosed like 3-5 years ago? If it's legit, shouldn't he be closer to residing in a memory care facility than being an active wrestler?

Valeyard

Reaction score
He was literally at Triplemania in June to run off Jarrett. So I dunno.

Valeyard

Reaction score
also smh for them tagging it as transphobic when it is more nonbinary-phobic and it's fucked up to just assume all nonbinary people are trans wtf

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
XPW has always allowed racist promos. Carlito Montana (underrated SoCal guy that trained Messiah) played a Cuban narcos, and cut a promo once about how much he hates Mexicans and black people (using the n-bomb). They're just doing a retread of that.

**sigh**

XPW is trash, but it's not even fun trash, it's just embarrassing trash.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Hey you can't say Angel The Hardcore Homo didn't break barriers. Black's finger? On the pulse, man.

Valeyard

Reaction score
XPW was brilliant.

Hardcore Homo Angel was the first gay garbage wrestling icon. He would get "bashed" by those with prejudice but never give up and always fought for what he believed.

Messiah was betrayed by someone close to him and was maimed, only to come back later and gain a measure of followers.

Pogo the Clown was an early indictment of society's obsession with true crime, hammered home by the delight in seeing this character hurt others in the most vicious of ways. We all aged into the Pogo vision.

Homless Jimmy gave an early insight into the SoCal homeless situation and the adversity they face. They put a face on the anger of the invisible. It was showing the society who made bum fights popular that there is an actual person, one who has to scrape their life together and perform in a healthy environment like wrestling.

Supreme showed that in a world full of ripped high-flying luchadores taking over America, that there was a place for a large Mexican warrior in that society. That despite stereotypes, you can succeed as a large Latino brawler as well as you can a flippy floppy lucharesu goof. It's why his pairing with Kaos succeeded: you could see the dictotomy between them and the fight for recognition.

Rob Black is a genius.

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I might pick up hours on the weekend at my buddys bar again for some extra Christmas cash… he’s already texting me about trying to get us to meet Rob Black again ffs

Valeyard

Reaction score
Looks like he's just zipping up.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
So found the XPW show from last night and ohhhh boy, this was trashfire.

So the main storyline is a MAGA faction consisting of Necro Butcher (now called MAGA Butcher), fn Jasmine St Claire and a few others including a crooked ref who is is full red hat. The main was a fucking shit show too...Schlak against Drake Younger. I thought Drake was going MAGA as it seemed teased at the end of the show. Woof!

Willie Mack worked a very off match against Masada in the opener too. The location was something out of the IWA midsouth arena Ian Rotten ran out of, just small as fuck and rinky dink as u get. Fits the vibe of this sleaze well

Valeyard

Reaction score
I love that you made it present tense and not like it hasn't happened already.

So found the XPW show from last night and ohhhh boy, this was trashfire.

So the main storyline is a MAGA faction consisting of Necro Butcher (now called MAGA Butcher), fn Jasmine St Claire and a few others including a crooked ref who is is full red hat. The main was a fucking shit show too...Schlak against Drake Younger. I thought Drake was going MAGA as it seemed teased at the end of the show. Woof!

Willie Mack worked a very off match against Masada in the opener too. The location was something out of the IWA midsouth arena Ian Rotten ran out of, just small as fuck and rinky dink as u get. Fits the vibe of this sleaze well

This is more like it. Oh man.

Willie Mack needs to either run away to a better promotion or rock a Herschel Walker gimmick.