Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestlers and their movies

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
That looks so bad its tempting to at least find at a Redbox (if they even carry it). I see its not avaliable on Netflix yet. Boooo. How much was it at Walmart?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Guess because it is a Halle Berry movie and all but surprised how many times I saw the trailer for the next WWE Studios film (with an appearance/small role/cameo/something from DAVID OTUNGA) The Call. That ad was run a lot during All Star Saturday night and just getting to watch the game on DVR now, I'm seeing the trailer too.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen the trailer for The Call pretty much everytime I've gone to the movies in the last two months. I've only gotten the Dead Man Down trailer once though. Wade Barrett is the token wrestler in that one.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Both of those movies looks actually kinda good, surprisingly. WWE had very little to do with the production end of each IIRC and moreless are just buying in to them both. Probably the best idea for them to do at this point as being attached to films like this might actually make them some money and give them a much better visability/repulation in Hollywood.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I saw the Dead Man Down trailer...and I'd watch that movie.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
RedJed said:
Both of those movies looks actually kinda good, surprisingly. WWE had very little to do with the production end of each IIRC and moreless are just buying in to them both. Probably the best idea for them to do at this point as being attached to films like this might actually make them some money and give them a much better visability/repulation in Hollywood.

Then with this newfound credibility release The Marine 4.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
RedJed said:

Then with this newfound credibility release The Marine 4.

Starring Kofi Kingston.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Probably. Although I still like when all the rumored names for Marine 3 were surfacing as possibilities, somehow JTG was included.

Dandy

Reaction score
They should come out with a series of movies called "My ______ Got Kidnapped." They already include the premise in every movie, so making that the title is the next logical step.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Regular themed bps21 said:
I saw the Dead Man Down trailer...and I'd watch that movie.

It's got a good cast and the director of the Swedish version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I'm down.

The Call on the other hand looks like generic crap.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
I can't wait for My BONER Got Kidnapped

That better be a WWE films version of Boner from Growing Pains tragic disappearance and death with Brad Maddox playing Boner.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Sexual Orange Master said:
Baby Shoes said:
I can't wait for My BONER Got Kidnapped

That better be a WWE films version of Boner from Growing Pains tragic disappearance and death with Brad Maddox playing Boner.

OSCAR WINNER

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Detective Ventriloquist said:
It's got a good cast and the director of the Swedish version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
...a WWE Film? Tha fuck?!

(goes to IMDB)

"Vincent Kennedy McMahon presents Noomi Rapace, Colin Farrell, Isabelle Huppert, and Dominic Cooper in a film written by one of the main creators on Fringe and directed by that Dragon Tattoo guy."

I reiterate my previous assessment of the situation. Tha fuck?! I mean, it's also got infamous paycheck-cashing slummers like Armand Assante and F. Murray Abraham hanging around, and those guys do indeed seem perfect for a WWE Film. But still: man, that's weird. Smart business strategy, though. Rather than losing money by making a bunch of shitty movies, maybe they'll be buying good movies and distributing them.

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4TTWJKsNdI&feature=player_embedded

Also, that movie with Kurt Angle, Sid, James Storm and Tom Savini is on DVD now.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
^HOLY SHIT

WWE superstar Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has signed on to star in and Executive Produce a new drama/comedy series for HBO.

The untitled 30-minute weekly series will chronicle the lives of athletes living in Miami, something The Rock can relate to.

The Rock's "Pain & Gain" co-star Mark Wahlberg and his ex-wife/manager Dani Johnson will also serve co-Executive Producers Steve Levinson ("Entourage") will write the pilot episode.

Because the world needed another Entourage....

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
. WWE and Warner Brothers have signed a deal to co-produce a Flintstones animated movie, set for a 2015 release. The movie will have the Flintstone characters in a pro wrestling setting, similar to old Flintstone cartoons where they used stone age version of names of famous sports figures and celebrities. Among the characters in the movie will be Vince
McMagna, John Cenastone and C.M. Punkrock, along with characters based on several WWE women performers, with the them being the start of pro wrestling and the WWE in stone age times. The wrestlers will do their own voices in the movie.

tumblr_inline_mniul1farn1ry9ii6.gif

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wrestlers Versus Zombies is such an obvious concept that I'm surprised it's taken this long for such a film to actually appear. And it doesn't look too bad, in that "good Troma movie" sort of way. Any word on the director's only other film, Breeding Farm? I tried to find information about it, no luck.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
WWE Studios announced a few more today. They are doing Marine 4 with Miz and Summer Rae but much worse - JINGLE ALL THE WAY 2 starring Larry the Cable Guy and Santino.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Venkman said:
Couldn't they have just used Summer Rae as a hot female marine?

I am hoping her character has much screw time in only a bikini or less and also ends the movie coming to my home

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
Venkman said:
Couldn't they have just used Summer Rae as a hot female marine?

I am hoping her character has much screw time in only a bikini or less and also ends the movie coming to my home

yesssssssssssss